Help! How do I reset program settings in ZoneAlarm Pro 6?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by GuardianofNight, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuardianofNight

GuardianofNight Registered Member

Hello, I am wondering how I can safely give access and not give access to the current configuration of ZoneAlarm Pro 6? How can I delete the settings that appear in the Programs section when you click "Program Control" tab and all the componets.

If anyone can help, please reply.

Thank you...

Robert

2. TraCKs

TraCKs Registered Member

Thers 2 ways guradianofnight you can right click a program in program control and you will then get the option to remove the program.Or you can remove all ur programs at once by resetting ur database . If you reset ur database you will lose all ur settings... info here>>

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode.
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.
    more info>>

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=AllAboutPorts&message.id=6634

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Tracks,
    Interesting thread, I copy/pasted this in my ZoneAlarm file. Thanks !!!

(I assume that "ur database" means "your database" and isn't the same "ur" like in the planet "Uranus")

4. GuardianofNight

GuardianofNight Registered Member

Hi Tracks, that worked perfectly. The only thing that went wrong that I had to add back was the "Loopback adapter" shown in the "Zones" tab under the "Firewall" tab.

Thanks again!

5. TraCKs

TraCKs Registered Member

you know when i did a database reset my loopback adapter was also missing and ive read in the zonealarm forum that it happens a lot and its nothing to worry about, and to do what you did ! just add it manually... sorry about ur .... it is short for your and its a bad habbit ive picked up... :p

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

At school I didn't learn these abbreviations and sometimes I think it's a new word. :oops:
    The worst abbreviation, I've ever seen was "K" for OK (okay), even TWO letters was too much. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.