HELP HELP HELP with coolweb trojan removal.. tried all..

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by desp, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desp

desp Registered Member

Hello.
    I've been trying to remove Cool Web Search for days, and ran all the ad-aware, cwshredder and co stuff, and nothing worked.
    I read that I could find the name of the dll which is creating all the problems by installing reglite, going to the windows folder and look in the AppInit_DLLs folder, and if there is a .dll value in the last field, that's it.
    I have it, and the name is "c:\windows\system32\loggjha.dll". They suggested how to remove this thing (I'll give you details if you want), but I couldn't do that. It keeps coming out, even though I think I've removed it. If I go to the c:\windows\system32 directory, that dll never shows up, but if I reopen reglite, it's there again.
    Did you ever hear of this suggestion? Other people said that removing the dll there worked for them.
    Now, I ran Hijck this, and this is my log file.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
    Scan saved at 15.40.44, on 03/05/2004
    Platform: Windows 2000 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Programmi\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Programmi\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSTask.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\RunDll32.exe
    C:\Programmi\Winamp\Winampa.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe
    C:\Programmi\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\internat.exe
    C:\Programmi\Adobe\Acrobat 4.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
    C:\Programmi\stickies\stickies.exe
    C:\Programmi\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
    C:\Programmi\Yahoo!\Messenger\YPager.exe
    C:\Programmi\AIM\aim.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\XX\Impostazioni locali\Temp\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\egkj.dll/sp.html (obfuscated)
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\egkj.dll/sp.html (obfuscated)
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\egkj.dll/sp.html (obfuscated)
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\egkj.dll/sp.html (obfuscated)
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\egkj.dll/sp.html (obfuscated)
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\egkj.dll/sp.html (obfuscated)
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://rd.yahoo.com/customize/ymsgr/defaults/su/*http://www.yahoo.com
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = c:\windows\SYSTEM\blank.htm
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Collegamenti
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D28-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Programmi\Yahoo!\Common\ycomp5_0_2_6.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Programmi\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {C27ED33D-92E2-4F05-B6AE-B23AC1844ABC} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\egkj.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Programmi\Yahoo!\Common\ycomp5_0_2_6.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Programmi\Winamp\Winampa.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Programmi\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [internat.exe] internat.exe
    O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Programmi\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
    O4 - Startup: Stickies.lnk = C:\Programmi\stickies\stickies.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Programmi\Adobe\Acrobat 4.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Programmi\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
    O4 - Global Startup: Norton AntiVirus AutoProtect.lnk = C:\Programmi\Navnt\NAVAPW32.EXE
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
    O12 - Plugin for .it/search?q=spettroscopia+Uv-Vis&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=it&btnI=Mi+sento+fortunato&lr=: C:\Programmi\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\nppdf32.dll
    O16 - DPF: {A17E30C4-A9BA-11D4-8673-60DB54C10000} (YahooYMailTo Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/essentials/ymmapi_0727.dll
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{F7F8B067-9B9D-4491-87F1-9AFD30ED28DF}: Domain = ch.unito.it
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{F7F8B067-9B9D-4491-87F1-9AFD30ED28DF}: NameServer = 130.192.119.1,192.84.137.1

Can someone help me?
    I'm really worried, because if I run some programs, now the CPU gets completely filled without any reason, and I can't connect anymore to spyware web page, and I cannot update windows (I didn't have Service Pack 4).
    I'm really unhappy.

Thanks a lot.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

3. desp

desp Registered Member

Hello,
    thanks for your quick answer. I went through that file. I did all the Reglite stuff and did not work (the renaming and so was never able to make the dll visible).
    I wanted to try in the other way, but I'm stuck at the first step :(
    I download the Xfind.zip tool and then I click on find.bat, but it create a file.txt file saying that Xfind command is not recognized.
    Am I doing somehting wrong?
    Thanks..

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

And find.bat and Xfind.com are in the same folder?

Regards,

Pieter

5. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

I doubt that anything will do any good until you update your versiion of windows to include the latest service packs and security fixes

running basic W2K is a big big risk and many applications will only run on SP2 at the least It is strongly recommended to get right up to date with SP4
    it is vital that you go here, click Scan for updates in the main frame, and download and install all CRITICAL updates recommended.

6. desp

desp Registered Member

Ehm..
    I did go there already.
    It doesn't allow me to install the Service Pack 4! I do the scan for update, select it, and after a few seconds it should begin to install it, it says that 'an error occurred' and nothing else. That's why I was so scared..

7. desp

desp Registered Member

To Pieter:
    yes, they are. I created a folder for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.