help for a newb please

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by ncdc, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncdc

ncdc Registered Member

sorry this is a bit long but usually more info is beter than to little..
    I installed all components of snapdeploy and snap deploy universal restore on my server that currently stores my images. i created a boot disc to boot my master image pc.
    first problem i boot the master image pc from bootable cd during the boot I have to change the ip,dns gateway ect it sees all my pc's the ones on the domain and 2 other workgroups. but it does not see the shared folder on my server so i can not create or send the image the folder is shared so not sure why it will not see it any ideas??
    boot cd is not my prefered option
    problem #2
    i try to open the create image from network pc and I get some error about does not support this protocol and a nice 10 or so digit long error code (not at desk right now can provide exact error tomorrow.)
    some back ground on network
    all machines have static ip's
    acronis server on domain
    master image not on domain (but does see all machines when booted from boot cd)
    need more info? ill provide and any help would be great

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ncdc,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that this forum branch is for discussions related to Acronis True Image product line. Please post your question in this forum branch.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. ncdc

ncdc Registered Member

Sorry I posted in the wrong location
    But I am curious why you did not post a response or move my post to the correct location

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello ncdc,

No need to raise a new thread as I've moved this one to the correct location.

Regards

Menorcaman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.