Help - Can't get Win 7 and 2 VISTA to play nice together

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by dsr, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsr

dsr Registered Member

I am having trouble getting my system to multi-boot as I'd like them to. I can't seem to get my two Vista partitions and my Win 7 partitions to play nice. Once I boot to Vista, I can no longer boot to Win 7. Can someone help get it right?

I am using Partion Manager 10 Pro (build 7893) on a computer with two hard drives. The operating systems (o/s) have already been installed and work fine once I can boot to them.

The first drive has:

- Primary Partition 1 - VISTA Ultimate - 32-bit
    - Primary Partition 2 - Win 7 - 64-bit
    - Primary Partition 3 - VISTA Ultimate - 32p-bit

The second drive has two partition which hold data and no o/s.

Ultimately I would like my system to:

- Be able to boot to each of the three o/s's
    - Not see the other o/s partitions from the one booted
    - Have the two data partitions always show as D: and E:

If I am using PM's boot manager, I only want to see the O/S I'm booting to on Windows boot screen. If I'm booting from Windows, then I just want to see the three options.

How can I acheive this? What do I need to do and in what order?

Thanks.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Sounds like a job for bcdboot command line utility.

Please post a screenshot of Disk Management window from within Vista.

3. dsr

dsr Registered Member

Thanks for your help.

My current status is as follows:

- I can now boot into any of the three bootable partions (Vista-32, Win7-64 and Vista-32)

- When I am in any of these images, the partitions from the other two images show up with drive letters

- Last time I tired PM10's boot manager, only the two Vista images showed

I have attached screen captures from the first partition's VISTA-32's PM10 console, VISTA Disk Manager Console, and EasyBCD console

What I need to know is what do I need to do so that when I am in any of the three images the other o/s partition don't show up with a drive letter.

I would ideally like to use PM10's boot manager, but when selecting an o/s not seeing the other two show up the Windows boot menu that follows. Can this be done?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.