HELP! Boot CD cannot browse network since 1124 upgrade...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by napoleon, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

I upgraded to 1124 for TI 8 Enterprise Server and made two boot CDs. When I boot from the CDs and assign the NIC an IP (I test this by pinging the IP to make sure it takes), I cannot browse the network. When I expand the Computers Near Me option, nothing happens. I no longer see my domains, workgroups, etc. This is now a production issue. Note that this did work fine under version 945 on the same server with the same IP. HELP!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello John,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Backup Software.

Could you please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a diskette into a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

Send the output after each of the commands to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. Also please input the following commands:

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    umount mntdir

Send the net.txt file from the diskette to supprt@acronis.com as well as sysinfo.txt (please see Acronis Help Post for the details) to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

I just sent you the files. I hope to hear from you! Thanks.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello John,

If you do not get any response within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply. I will find the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.