help a real puter dummy here !

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by nat, Apr 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nat

nat Registered Member

hi all i need some help i think i have something called ms it store . please understand first off i,m very poor with fixing computers and that i will probably ask alot of very stupid questions sorry in advance ( a friend said to come here and "ask the experts " maybe a discription is in order first. when i try to go to my home page i end up somewhere else and pop ups start flyin around , i have pop up stopper and it catches most tho. i have tryed all antivirus software and just trying panda as i write this . my mcafee did not catch this little darlin or zone alarm or sg or spyware blaster all do not detect anything ? when i try to go to my homepage this is what url comes up , mk:mad:ms it store:c:\windows\start.chm::/start.html and advice or help would be very much appreciated i,m hoping that there is a downloadable patch or a fix like that some where as i em very uncomfortable digging around in my registry and understan very little about it thx again nat

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

hi nat :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Please follow the instructions here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

then post your HijackThis log in the Hijack cleaning forums with a full description of your problem.

One of the experts will be happy to assist u with a cleanup of any Malware found.

snowbound

3. nat

nat Registered Member

thanks very much will do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.