Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CraigM31, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CraigM31

CraigM31 Registered Member

I was surfing the internet when I ran across this forum and it seems like a very nice an informative site! I have a question right off hand, I have just taken Trend Micro 2007 off my computer (was slowing my computer down tremendously etc.) and am now using Spysweeper, COMODO and Threat Fire, do I need anything else to make my computer more secure? I heard that you could use another AV product along side of Threat Fire is that true?

Craig

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  2. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Hi Craig, and welcome to Wilders. I hope you enjoy your stay.

If I were you, I would replace SpySweeper for SuperAntiSpyware or MalwareByte's Anti-Malware.
    Both are lighter, faster and more effective.
    I used to use SpySweeper until a few years ago, but it got to heavy on resources. With any of both suggestions you can't go wrong. Or better yet, with both. Just choose one of them for real-time protection (AFAIK, both offer a lifetime license) and use the other's free version as an on-demand second opinion.

Yes, you can use TF with another AV, but if you know what you're doing, it's not needed.

Regarding COMODO firewall, have you defense+ enabled?

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello CraigM31,

I've moved your post to the other antimalware forum. You might want to look at other user setups in this thread.

One thing we don't do here is compare antivirus programs. We believe you should try the programs you are interested in and use what pleases you.

There is a lot of info here to look over and help you make decisions on how to protect your system.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Hearty Welcome to you Craig, and welcome to Wilders Security Forums.

You'll be pleased to learn that you've landed on some very solid ground here. Get ready to tighten up your defenses and learn during the process the many different aspects of computer/internet security and the vast array of the Highest Quality of Security Products known to the world.

Regards EASTER

5. CraigM31

CraigM31 Registered Member

HURST wrote: "Regarding COMODO firewall, have you defense+ enabled?"

Yep I definitely do!

Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

6. HURST

HURST Registered Member

But beware, it can become an obsession and you can develop paranoia :D :D

BTW, you should listen to ronjor. Any thread looking for compare 2 anti-virus product will be closed by the mods.
    This isn't so with other products (HIPS, sandboxes, etc), but those threads usually don't enjoy a long life and die by themselves anyways.

7. Someone

Someone Registered Member

Hi

I agree with Hurst that you should get SAS or MBAM to replace Spy Sweeper.

You can add an AV with ThreatFire, the popular free ones with real-time are AntiVir, AVG, Avast and Rising.

I think you could also add a policy sandbox (GesWall or Defensewall) or Sandboxie.

And Comodo Firewall with Defense+ and ThreatFire is overkill. Kees1958 posted something on how to chance Comodo settings so there will be less overlap, maybe you could follow that.

8. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.