Hello, and help!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Dec05, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec05

Dec05 Registered Member

Hi all,

I wish I had found this forum ages ago, as i would probably have saved myself a lot of hassle! I have just contracted a virus called JAVA_BYTEVER.A. Despite using SystemSuite 5's built in anti-virus software, AVAST and Trend Micros online scan service, I just can't get rid of the bloody things. Does anyone have any idea how I permanently remove them? The viruses are found in:

Found virus
    In File: C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\DECLAN BYRNE\APPLICATION DATA\SUN\JAVA\DEPLOYMENT\CACHE\JAVAPI\V1.0\JAR\CLASSLOAD.JAR-2FA9F21F-4406A9FE.ZIP\GetAccess.class
    Name: JAVA_BYTEVER.A
    Requested action: Remove virus.
    Results: Removal attempt failed. File still infected. See recommendation below.

Found virus
    In File: C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\DECLAN BYRNE\APPLICATION DATA\SUN\JAVA\DEPLOYMENT\CACHE\JAVAPI\V1.0\JAR\CLASSLOAD.JAR-2FA9F21F-4406A9FE.ZIP\InsecureClassLoader.class
    Requested action: Automatically attempt to remove virus from infected file.

Found virus
    In File: C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\DECLAN BYRNE\APPLICATION DATA\SUN\JAVA\DEPLOYMENT\CACHE\JAVAPI\V1.0\JAR\CLASSLOAD.JAR-2FA9F21F-4406A9FE.ZIP\Dummy.class

Found virus
    In File: C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\DECLAN BYRNE\APPLICATION DATA\SUN\JAVA\DEPLOYMENT\CACHE\JAVAPI\V1.0\JAR\CLASSLOAD.JAR-2FA9F21F-4406A9FE.ZIP\Installer.class

If it helps, I have a Fujitsu-Siemens laptop, 1GB memory, 120GB harddrive and a AMD Athlon 3700+. I have also followed the clean up instructions that Trend Micro suggested, but no luck.

Any help would be gratefully received!!

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

You might want to read the article here

3. Dec05

Dec05 Registered Member

Many thanks, it seems to have done the trick!

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Glad to have been able to help. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.