Heimdal Free and Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JEAM, Jun 30, 2015.

1. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Else contact support (at) heimdalsecurity.com, they've always been quick to respond.

2. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Heimdal Pro seems to have started flagging more and more ad servers for malicious content in the last week or so; has anybody else noticed that? (My websurfing habits haven't changed.)

This is not a complaint, of course. ;)

3. Alexhousek

Alexhousek Registered Member

Anyone else having a "Could not connect to Heimdal service" issue?

upload_2016-6-26_9-16-5.png

4. XhenEd

XhenEd Registered Member

In my laptop, Heimdal PRO was very buggy. I reported my problems, and even got a remote session, but no solutions came up. That support didn't know the exact cause of the problems, and they couldn't reproduce the problems. Support suggested that I disable/uninstall all my security softwares, which I did, but still the problems persisted. That support, then, I think gave up.

Some problems I encountered:
    1. Heimdal DNS server (127.0.0.1) doesn't stick after a few minutes and/or after a system reboot.
    2. Slow browsing in the internet. This happens if Heimdal DNS server is working fine.
    3. WmiPrvSE.exe produces CPU spikes up to 15% every 5-10 seconds. This happens only when Heimdal DNS server is working fine.
    4. Its GUI process consumes 1-2% CPU usage when opened, until closed through the taskbar, not the "x" of the program.
    5. Some GUI options don't work sometimes, especially in the Traffic Filtering page where some options grey out after switching.
    6. Some that I couldn't remember.

5. boredog

boredog Registered Member

paul you might be right about the traffic filtering thang. I have a paid version of adguard and won't disable it's filtering. and zeman and heidmal cant come to terms with the 127 issues.

6. Alexhousek

Alexhousek Registered Member

From support:

Adrian Manolache (Heimdal Security)

Jun 26, 21:21 EEST

Thank you for your message.

Sometimes, due to some internet connection lags, Heimdal loses his connection and Heimdal can't work without an internet connection.

To solve this, you will need to "refresh" Heimdal. Please watch this video on how to do it: https://vimeo.com/163256474

Let me know if this solves the problem.

Kind Regards,

Adrian Manolache
    Heimdal Security A/S & Heimdal Security SRL
    http://www.heimdalsecurity.com/

7. paulderdash

I often had this. Generally restarting the services solved it, but I think sometimes I also had to reboot.

But not sure what caused it.

8. paulderdash

I agree, even with 2.2.6 I had a persistent issue with DNS switching - see attached.
    Support indicated it could be conflict with other security softs, or filtering. But problem continued, even without Emsisoft, or Adguard.
    Remote session to add inbound and outbound firewall rules: Protocol type tcp, with port 80, 443, 1 seemed to fix this.
    But then I still had issues where patching system (set to monitor only) flagged chrome 64 and ccleaner as out-of-date, even though they were up to date.
    And ZAM would crash when scanning.
    And some other unexplained connectivity issues I can't remember.
    Too much PT.
    So have uninstalled Heimdal PRO again. May try it again after a while.

Attached Files:

9. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

My Vista system's version 1 subscription to Heimdal Pro expires next month and a renewal notice has arrived in my inbox.

Has anybody tried to renew a version 1 subscription?

10. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Afternoon! Jeam...I tried too renew a Version 1 Subscription. Plain and Simple...the program is Buggy...I have Zero Tolerance for Paying My Hard Earned Dollar...for improperly Engineered Product! Bye...Bye...Heimdal. Sincerely...Securon

11. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

That's too bad! What was it that's buggy, the program itself or trying to renew the subscription to version 1?

12. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

And what happens when one installs V2 over V1 while subscription is valid ? If it works, no need to be "stuck" with V1.

13. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Afternoon! Jeam! It was a combination of the two...the server disconnect...and stating it was connected then disconnected! Very disconcerting to say the least. Similar to Paulderdash's comments. When support can't provide a solution...then that's a Major Problem. Time to look elsewhere! Sincerely...Securon

14. boredog

boredog Registered Member

did what's her face get fired? I don't see here anymore.

15. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Yeah, that does sound pretty bad.

When the time comes to renew in a few weeks, I may go ahead and try it to see what happens. If I do, I'll report the outcome here. Would be nice if it accepted a renewal for version 1, since version 2 doesn't seem to work in Vista.

16. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Doesn't (didn't) she also participate in some other AV forum? If she's still there (or is no longer there, either), that would tell us something.

Part of the problem IMO is that Heimdal appointed a marketing person to participate in this forum, when what they need is a technical person participating.

17. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Good question. Anybody tried that?

18. Andra Zaharia

Andra Zaharia Registered Member

Hi Jeam!

It's been a while since I managed to come by and reply to your questions, but we're going to get through all of them right now.

Heimdal PRO V1 is no longer supported and all users are being migrated as we speak.

So I will stick to replying to questions about the new Heimdal PRO, if that's okay with you, since V1 is no longer relevant.

Thanks for your patience!

19. Andra Zaharia

Hi Faircot!

As I was saying, it's been a while since I managed to come by and reply to your questions, but we're going to get through all of them right now.

Heimdal PRO V1 is no longer supported and all users are being migrated as we speak.

So I will stick to replying to questions about the new Heimdal PRO, if that's okay with you, since V1 is no longer relevant.

Thanks for your patience!

20. Andra Zaharia

I agree with you, Jeam, but all technical questions should go to support@heimdalsecurity.com, where they can be solved according to their particularities. We'll see if one of my colleagues can join the forum at some point to offer support directly.

21. Andra Zaharia

I did not get fired (and I do not appreciate the tone, honestly), but we've had a very busy time and there's always tech support that you can contact for speedy replies.

22. Andra Zaharia

Hi Jeam,

Heimdal can no longer be renewed for version 1, since it's reached end of life. Vista compatibility is no longer supported, unfortunately. Heimdal has been optimized to work better with Windows versions 8 and newer, so our efforts are focused on making it as performant as possible going forward.

Thanks!

23. Andra Zaharia

Hello!

The safest way to do this is to uninstall V1 from the Control Panel (uninstall everything that's named Heimdal) before you install Heimdal V2. This is the best way to get your system clean so that V2 works without a hitch. Your license will continue normally if you followed the steps we sent in the migration email. If you didn't receive that, let us know at support@heimdalsecurity.com and we'll help you with the process. The old V1 key is transformed into a V2 key in the migration process, which is why it's essential to go through these steps.

If you ever need them here are the steps to reinstall Heimdal:

1. Download Heimdal again from here: https://heimdalsecurity.com/en/get-heimdal
    2. Install Heimdal
    3. During the installation, Heimdal will request you to introduce a License Key
    4. In that step, use this license key: (make sure that no blank spaces are copied)
    5. Finish the installation.

Let us know if you need any help!

24. Andra Zaharia

Hello there!

So sorry to hear about your issue. From your post, I'm not sure I can provide a definitive answer, but one of my colleagues from support can definitely help.

Can you please email us at support@heimdalsecurity.com? Someone will reply in 24h (except for the weekends) and help you solve these issues.

Thank you for your patience!

25. Andra Zaharia

Hi there,

Can you confirm that the automatic update worked for you? It's been a while since this post, so I want to make sure you're not experiencing any issues.

Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.