Heimdal Free and Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JEAM, Jun 30, 2015.

1. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Where do you see this information (the website block count)? Are you using Heimdal version 1 or version 2?

2. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

Tried the product again. This time there's no significant slowdown. That's great.

3. Azure Phoenix

On version 2, you can see the number of blocked websites on the overview. But you can go to "view log" to also see the address of the blocked website.

4. Andra Zaharia

Andra Zaharia Registered Member

Hi Paul,

Indeed, they would interfere. I asked my colleagues from support and they said that the two would overlap and interfere with one another. Let me know if there's any way I can help.

5. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Thanks for finding out Andra. I suspected that would be the case.

6. Andra Zaharia

Indeed, the statistics displayed in Heimdal PRO include a week worth's of data.

7. Andra Zaharia

Great to hear that! Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback.

8. Andra Zaharia

Hi Jeam,

You can see these statistics in the View Log / General screen in the new Heimdal PRO (v2).

9. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Thanks, Andra.

When I view the log in the Advanced tab of my copy of version 1, no blocked websites at all show up -- just a loooong list of software scans and patches. So, either the v1 log doesn't list blocked websites, or I happen to be following very healthy websurfing practices. Which in itself would be good to know. :)

10. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

That is correct

11. boredog

boredog Registered Member

I noticed today when I turned my computer on, Heimdal is not loading. No tray or desktop icon. Windows 10 64 bit

12. KaptainBug

KaptainBug Registered Member

I think its better to display total count of blocked websites in home screen rather than just the last 7 days. And the logs can show count for last 7 days.

13. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Ah, thanks!

14. boredog

I just uninstalled it and reinstalled. Still not sure why it would not load unless it was Crystal Security. I see it blocked a Heidmal exe.
    Does everyone still have app updating turned off?

15. Andra Zaharia

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the issue, but there's probably another software interfering with Heimdal. You said that Crystal Security blocked Heimdal, so that could be a problem. Please contact my colleagues at support@heimdalsecurity.com for additional details.

We can confirm that the product is up and running and that we haven't had any issues with it similar to what you're describing.

Thank you!

16. Andra Zaharia

Thanks for the feedback! I'll send the message to the product team.

17. Andra Zaharia

When we designed the new Heimdal PRO, we did a complete overhaul of the user experience and the type of information provided in the product, hence the differences between them. It would be difficult to compare them, so we hope that V2 offers a much better experience, as it was intended.

Thank you for the feedback!

18. paulderdash

I am not sure. I would rather see all websites previously blocked under View Log>Websites Blocked, not just the last 7 days.
    But I understand they would want to be consistent.

19. paulderdash

Heimdal PRO 2.0 has blocked five sites so far today.
    There is no notification of these blocks, one simply finds them in the Websites Blocked log. Admittedly, four of these were not visited directly, but accessed indirectly (e.g. unchecky.com).
    But one of the sites was visited directly - test.hitmanpro.com, and it also let me download from the site.
    This would suggest the blocking is not working properly?

20. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Any idea if they have promotion sometimes? A little bit expensive, ($63.00) here in Canada.:(

21. trjam

trjam Registered Member

22. boredog

I am running version 2 Pro right now. I had listed a link to the promotion a while back. I have 168 days left. The promotion was for 100% off :)

23. Azure Phoenix

I was able to take advantage of the promo as well.

24. paulderdash

This site is now whitelisted, but I have reported a bug.
    I have ascertained that @Peter2150 was blocked with a notification page (on Win 7 Pro 64), which is as it should be if the site is blacklisted.
    Whereas on my Win 8.1 Pro 64 system, there was no block or notification, only the website listed as blocked in the log, and Heimdal Pro v2.0 allowed me to visit and download from the site.
    The traffic scanning / filtering is my main reason for using Heimdal, so they need to fix this in v2.0. In v1.0 the web filtering worked fine for me.
    Edit: @Andra Zaharia - maybe you can provide a test so that users can check if Heimdal is working properly for them i.e. a blacklisted site?

25. cybergary

cybergary Registered Member

I got this error installing packages using npm:
    Code:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Bitnami\nodejs-5.4.0-0>npm install -g gulp gulp-sass
    npm WARN install Couldn't install optional dependency: Hostname/IP doesn't match certificate's altnames: "Host: registry.npmjs.org. is not in the cert's altnames: DNS:*.heimdalsecurity.com, DNS:heimdalsecurity.com"
    npm WARN install Couldn't install optional dependency: Hostname/IP doesn't match certificate's altnames: "Host: registry.npmjs.org. is not in the cert's altnames: DNS:*.heimdalsecurity.com, DNS:heimdalsecurity.com"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.