Heeeeeeelp!!!!!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Panagiota, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panagiota

Panagiota Registered Member

I have a Trojan.Horse Virus in my computer and a Download.Trojan.

Can you please advice of how I can get rid of these viruses?

My computer is extremely slow.

I have Norton Antivirus (which only acknowledge the fact that my computer is infected but access to the file is denied and the alert just keep poping up all the time) and I have Ad-Aware SE Personal.

Please help me!

Thank you
    Panagiota

2. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Try going to www.ewido.net

Download the 30 Day trial, scan your computer and delete everything it catches.

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

4. BlueDaemon

BlueDaemon Registered Member

A RAT isnt a trojan

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi BlueDaemon,
    RAT = Remote Access Trojan ;)

From the DCS website:
    Trojans are malicious programs often used by hackers to attack target computers, usually to provide a backdoor into the system but sometimes just to cause destruction. Remote Access Trojans (RATs) are the most famous class of trojans and they usually come in two parts - a server that is sent to infect the victim, and a client that the hacker uses to connect to the server after the victim is infected. There are many ways that hackers can use to infect a target with a trojan, and careful security measures aren't always enough - a strong anti-trojan program such as TDS can easily detect tens of thousands of trojans that would otherwise be near-impossible for a human to find.

Or from here:http://www.broadbandreports.com/faq/4188

Cheers. Pilli

6. Panagiota

Panagiota Registered Member

Thank you a lot for all your help.

I followed all your steps and finally the virus gone.

I installed a firewall (which asks me about every interaction of programs with internet).

My questions are:

Now the private firewall asks me everytime there is a program which tries to access the internet and sometimes I dont have a clue about that program and if it is wise to let it access internet. Is it a common rule I should apply?

Secondly, now I finish with cleaning my computer, should I unistall all the softwares that I downloaded and install in my computer (i.e. Antitrojan, Spybot, Ad-Aware, CWShredder etc)?

Which one should I keep and check my computer?

Thank you a lot again for your help. It was amazingly detailed and helpful.

Panagiota

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Panagiota, Well I am glad to here that you have got rid of your infections. :)
    What firewall did you install? Members here can advise the best ways to set up most of the common firewalls based on their own experiences.

Regarding SpyWare, try using the following free or donationware programs.
    AdAware, SpyBot S & D and JavaCools tools - JavaCools forums are here on this board, all these can be run.
    JavaCool's SpyWareGuard is resident protection and works well with & SpyBot's resident part called TeaTimer.

For Process Protection and low level (kernel) system protection try ProcessGuard from DiamondCS who's forums are again on this board.
    For more information look here: http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/

HTH Pilli :)

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Good to see Panagiota, and thank you for keeping us up-to-date with your progress. You may want to take a look here for further discussion on security and how to make your system that much stronger and here for more.

This is what works really well for me, very simple to use and maintain.

Let us know how you go…

Cheers :D

9. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi, we all have different setups, i use a very basic combination of security programs that have proven to be effective for me, you may need more security or you may not.

Nod32 Antivirus
    Zone Alarm Pro Firewall
    Adaware Anti Spyware
    Mozilla Browser
    Windows updates

From time to time i will check my PC with HiJackThis, an free online scans just 2 make sure my programs are doing their job.

Basic common sense plays a big part in web security, 'ie' the sites u visit or files u download, who has access to your PC, how much Email u send/recieve,
    etc.

Spyware hasn't been a problem for me since i ditched IE in favour of Mozilla and Nod32 and Zone Alarm have preformed flawlessly, previously i also used a few more Anti Spyware pros an a Anti trojan program, but i see no use in keeping those, my above mentioned security keeps me safe.

Make your choices bassed on what you need an what works well on your system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.