HDM2011S WinPE Copy Function

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by wptski, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

There are two exe's in there.

One is x86 - runs on both 32 bit and 64 bit installed win7 - can handle 64 bit and 32 bit wim images.

The other is x64 - that only runs on 64 bit installed win 7 - can also handle 64 bit and 32 bit wim images.

DismGui can also be used in winpe3. [ You will notice you need to enter the MountDirectory Location. To use that from within winpe - if you have folder browsing set up in your winpe media, just browse to the Mount Directory - otherwise you can enter the Mountdirectory location manually, or drag and drop.]

If you want to put DismGui in your winpe build, just put a copy in the mounted windows\system32 folder. When you have booted up your completed winpe - you can fire up DismGui by typing it's name at the command prompt. You would need to put DismGuix86 in Paragon winpe media - because the Paragon winpe media is x86 therefore DismGuix64 can't run in there.

Dism is windows7/Server2008R2 command line app. used for servicing images. Basically, mount the image ( there is only 1 image in paragon winpe boot.wim - there is only 1 image in winre.wim , but there are 2 images in boot.wim from the win 7 install dvd. If you are mounting boot.wim from the win 7 install dvd , select image 2.)

Once the wim image is mounted ( the MountDirectory can be any EMPTY folder ), you can click open mount dir and manually add/remove /change any files in there.

To add drivers, click add drivers and browse to driver .inf

When you are done, make sure you have closed any files you were working on in the image , and unmount with Commit to save the changes.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

SIW2:

That works very nice. I added USB 3.0 drivers to my image but in a case of two drivers where one must load first. Is the first one added the first to load?

After copying the finished wimfile, creating the ISO file, you must close DISMGUI or you get a error.

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

DismGui is just a user interface - saves typing the dism commands.

Dism.exe actually does the work.

I don't know what order it installs the usb 3.0 drivers recursively - I expect it will work fine - as that is ms recommended way to do it.

Thanks for posting back that it worked .

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

How did you create the ISO image?

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

6. wptski

wptski Registered Member

From the Deploymemt Tools Command Prompt with: oscdimg -n -bc:\winpe\etfsboot.com c:\winpe\iso c:\winpe\winpe.iso but your filenames may differ.

7. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Thanks, SIW2 and wptski. I was curious.

Actually, I had used a different procedure. I opened the boot CD with UltraISO, replaced the original WIM image with the modified one, saved the new ISO, and burned it with ImgBurn.

Previously, I had modified a boot WinPE USB key to add the USB 3.0 drivers, using DISMGUI. A very easy and straightforward process. I used the WIM image in this USB key in the CD process.

8. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Oh I see.

I was under the impression you had extracted the paragon iso to a folder on the HD.

I have often used isohandlers ( PowerIso usually ) for that kind of thing.

The free versions are limited to editing iso's under 300mb.

Fine for a Paragon iso.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.