HDM2011 Suite WinPE recovery disk freezes system on boot - iMac boot camp

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ScuseMe, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScuseMe

ScuseMe Registered Member

**SOLVED** HDM2011 Suite WinPE recovery disk freezes system on boot - iMac boot camp

I've just purchased the HDM 2011 Suite with the WinPE recovery CD. I booted into my boot camp Win7 x64 partition and created the WinPE recovery disk using a DVD-4 and the WinPE downloadable .EXE builder. That task completed successfully. I then tried to boot my iMac from that disk. The iMac recognized the disk as "PARAGON" volume label, but my entire system froze, necessitating me to do a hard shut down to eject the DVD.

I'm assuming that this WinPE disk is not compatible with boot camp Macs. Is this correct? How should I make a recovery CD that works with my environment?

Thanks.

Michael

iMac (2009) 3.06 GHz/8 GB running OS X 10.6.8 & Boot Camp Win7 x64 Ultimate

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  2. ScuseMe

ScuseMe Registered Member

Sorry everyone. False alarm. The Paragon rescue disk is fine. It's just that my iMac takes almost 2 minutes after the disk is run before it starts loading. The screen it starts at is all white. That's what made me think that the rescue disk is bad. I wouldn't have discovered the problem if I hadn't accidentally left the rescue disk in my machine while I went to my car to get a USB stick. When I came back, the Paragon HDM menu was up. Right then I knew that the disk was good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.