HDM2011 Suite WinPE recovery disk freezes system on boot - iMac boot camp

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ScuseMe, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScuseMe

ScuseMe Registered Member

**SOLVED** HDM2011 Suite WinPE recovery disk freezes system on boot - iMac boot camp

I've just purchased the HDM 2011 Suite with the WinPE recovery CD. I booted into my boot camp Win7 x64 partition and created the WinPE recovery disk using a DVD-4 and the WinPE downloadable .EXE builder. That task completed successfully. I then tried to boot my iMac from that disk. The iMac recognized the disk as "PARAGON" volume label, but my entire system froze, necessitating me to do a hard shut down to eject the DVD.

I'm assuming that this WinPE disk is not compatible with boot camp Macs. Is this correct? How should I make a recovery CD that works with my environment?

Thanks.

Michael

iMac (2009) 3.06 GHz/8 GB running OS X 10.6.8 & Boot Camp Win7 x64 Ultimate

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  2. ScuseMe

ScuseMe Registered Member

Sorry everyone. False alarm. The Paragon rescue disk is fine. It's just that my iMac takes almost 2 minutes after the disk is run before it starts loading. The screen it starts at is all white. That's what made me think that the rescue disk is bad. I wouldn't have discovered the problem if I hadn't accidentally left the rescue disk in my machine while I went to my car to get a USB stick. When I came back, the Paragon HDM menu was up. Right then I knew that the disk was good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.