HDM12S BMB Build 16240

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by wptski, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Oops, maybe I misinterpreted what was happening.

I was referring to booting from a device attached to a card not just using the card to access a USB drive when all was up and running. If so, sorry about that.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

@wptski

If you get a virus warning, it is produkey - don't worry, it is fine.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

If you are on win8 - you can still use PARAGONPE.

Simply copy the 32 bit wim from WADK into PARAGONPE folder and rename it bootx86.wim.

Then run the RunMeAsAdmin.cmd.

That way you will get the extra programs and functions.

[ NOTE: If you did an in place upgrade using 32 bit win8 - PARAGONPE should find the wim for you - no need to download WADK ]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  4. wptski

wptski Registered Member

5. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I downloaded/installed the ADK and used it instead of the AIK. I did leave out the NET Framework 4.0 which I have on my PC. Unless I included a wrong item, I get a "can't install the language package" during the BMB process.

I ran BMB again using the AIK this time and the Operation Progress doesn't show it trying to install a US Language Package.

Might have to go back and install the included Net Framework 4.0 which is languages as I read that v4.5 released 8/12 is for W8 which is what the ADK is for, correct? Although it does call it 4.0 unless a windows update brings it to v4.5.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  6. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I used a non-English WADK and installed .NET FW. I did´t worry about it being already installed because I was going to wipe the installation of WADK later (using Returnil). When I browsed the installed WADK, I noticed lots of language files.

I didn´t get any error messages during the BMB process. I created an ISO file and burned it to a USB key using Rufus. It boots normally, with minimum feedback, no progress bar, perhaps faster than a WinPE 3.0 medium.

7. wptski

wptski Registered Member

A non-English WADK? Where are you at? When I d/l it, I have no non-English choice, if not English, it's something else then.

8. Robin A.

9. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Maybe that's why you get that option, I don't.

This problem might be yet another issue for this new build.

10. John Doe Genius

John Doe Genius Registered Member

I did not know the order was important. I used the opposite order; BMB did not complain. I shall retry with nusb3xhc first. (I have never had problems with previous versions of BMB.)

I downloaded the items checked by default: Deployment Tools, Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE), Windows Performance Toolkit and Windows Assessment Toolkit.

I did not find any NET Framework 4.0 option, but the linked page told me “The Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is required and Windows ADK installs it automatically.” I installed .NET FM4 in August this year.

Maybe I directed BMB to an incorrect folder? I used “c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Assessment and Deployment Kit”, may be c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0 or c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits has to be used?

Do you have further advices concerning ADK? Thanks in advance, Robin A.

11. John Doe Genius

Same for me, I am using a localized Win7, but my language is not an option at the ADK site (there are 11 languages available). I selected 'English'; I started with the English version of WAIK, no problems. ATM, I have WAIK 3.1 with my localized keyboard and so on.

12. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Are you getting an error also using ADK with the BMB?

You did use the correct file path.

13. John Doe Genius

I reversed the order, first nusb3xhc.inf
    Result: Exactly the same, “My Book” is not avaialable.

14. John Doe Genius

Thanks.
    I tried other paths, but got this message “There's no OPK/WAIK/ADK in the given location”. The only valid path is C:/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.0/Assessment and Deployment Kit. To day I succeeded: I Added nusb3xhc.inf & nusb3hub.inf (32 bits) [in this order] and created C:/ImageStorage/ADK2.iso. I had to ""allow” several progs to my firewall. Success! The WinPE loaded (with a Win8 icon). The USB drive (“My Book”) was accessible! However, with the us-english language pack.

Now BMB 16240 seems to work with AKD, but not AIK (on a Win7 x64 computer).

15. Robin A.

Just to clarify, did you add the Renesas drivers to the WinPE 4.0 built with WADK? Did you try the WinPE 4.0 without those drivers?

16. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I went back into the ADK and added the NET Framework 4.0. It added a NET Framework 4.0 Extended entryto my program list. I then did a Windows Update which had four updates for it. I rebooted.

I tried BMB again with hopes. Nope, errored with "Can't Install Language Package" again.

I might try one last time adding the drivers like mentioned above.

Nope, same error!

17. Robin A.

I asked because I think the Renesas drivers are not compatible with Windows 8. If the WinPE 4.0 created with WADK recognizes the USB 3.0 ports, it must be using its built-in drivers.

18. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

If you are making pe with paragon new BMB and WAIK/WADK -it will make the bit version corresponding to the os you are running.

In other words, if you are making from within win7/8 64 bit - it now creates 64 bit pe.

If you want to add drivers - you need the right bit version for the pe.

19. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Do you mean instead of the old practice of using 32-bit drivers, we now use 64-bit?

Yep! That's it, just used the WAIK with 64-bits drivers and my drive now shows up. Not sure what's going on with the WADK but this works.

Thank you SIW2.:thumb: :thumb:

20. John Doe Genius

The WADK solution worked without loading the Renesas drivers, obviously you are right, the built-in drivers are used. Unfortunately the en-us language package is installed, this does not match my keyboard.
    After adding the 64b Renesas drivers, my external USB3 drive was found with the WAIK solution! What a useful information, SIW2. Once again, you made my day. And I got the correct keyboard assignment with WAIK.

I still miss the extended possibilities such as running a file explorer, screen-shot capturing etc. I cannot find any option for opening a CMD window or starting Notepad. Such utilities (and much more) are included in SIW2's ParagonPE project. Macrium Reflects WinPE solution is more flexible, you can choose 32 or 64 bit environment, there is a CMD option, disk viewer and a text editor available.

21. Robin A.

Yes. But the HDM GUI hasn´t been updated -- it still asks for 32-bit drivers in the Tools > Add drivers option when the WinPE was created with WADK using Windows 7 x 64.

22. wptski

wptski Registered Member

During the BMB process, does it show installing the en-us language package? During the process using the WAIK that operation doesn't show.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  23. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

BMB only seems to do that if it detects WADK.

If you are using english language os - it isn't necessary.

BMB just tries to do it anyway.

I am busy for the next couple of weeks.

After that, I will have a look at doing something. I am sure we can make something better with BMB files and WADK.

24. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yep, they have used the same explauncher.ini for both bit versions.

They forgot to make that little change. You can do it yourself - it is only a text file.

25. Robin A.

Changes in HDM Suite 16240 or "HDM 12 Suite SP3", according to an e-mail that I received:

New and updated features in Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite SP3:

• Full support of Windows 8
    • Support of GPT/uEFI configurations to successfully clone, migrate, or restore a 64-bit Windows configured to the uEFI-based boot mode
    • Updated P2P/P2V functionality compatible with Windows 8-
    • Updated Boot Corrector gives the opportunity to perform uEFI switch in order to define bootable operating system in case of several OSs hosted on one uEFI machine
    • Storage Spaces Support
    • Updated Paragon Boot Media Builder (BMB add-on):
    • BMB add-on is now compatible with ADK for Windows 8 in order to build RCD based on Windows PE 4.0
    • BMB add-on creates a 64-Bit uEFI-compatible boot media that can be written on a DVD, a USB flash drive or saved as an ISO-file for virtual environments

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.