HDM12 "Hard Disk #: I/O fault!" when booting from recovery media

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Jeff P, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Jeff P

Jeff P Registered Member

Hi,

I have been trying to use the recovery media to restore a partition using HDM12. My system is compose of a main 250G SSD, 2 additional SATA drives, 1TB USB external drive, and recover media on USB Thumb drive. Windows 7, all MS updates.

When booting off the USB Thumb Drive, I get the above error for ALL three drives. If I ignore all errors, HDM12 starts and indicates all drives are free, no partitions are found. All the drives have 1 or 2 partitions and my system works perfectly well and is completely stable, e.g. no blue screens in years.

If I ignore all errors and reboot offthe SSD, everything works perfectly.

I have already tried CHKDSK on all drives
    I have rebuilt the recover media
    I rebuilt the Backup Partition
    I have checked other forums and can't find applicable issues.

At this point, if I had to do a disaster restore, I would not be able to recover my backups which are stored on one of the internal drives or the archive have on an external 1TB backup.

I don't know how to proceed or what logs might be available to troubleshoot.
    Please advise on how to proceed.

Regards,
    Jeff

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.