HDM12 file/folder restore fail

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by El Raberto, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Raberto

El Raberto Registered Member

HDM12 Suite (build:10.0.19.15177) Vista 32bit Home Premium:
    I made a password protected backup of "My Documents" (1.3GB in size) but it fails to restore. The wizard takes you through all the steps (incl. asking for and accepting the password) and it looks ok in the "Restore Summary" but when you select "Next", in the "Files Restored" window, nothing is shown. Pressing "Next" then tells me "Congratulations, you have successfully completed the Restore Wizard !". If you then go directly to the restore destination I chose, there is nothing there. The Log file also produced contains no data.

I subsequently tested this again backing up with & without a password, using various sized folder backups & via the Advanced Recovery Disc. All backups made using a password appear to backup and produce the expected file size but do not restore. All backups made without using a password restore perfectly.

Also, in the “Which folders and files to restore” window, the password protected archives only show a “root” folder icon but in non-password protected archives, you can see the full file & folder tree?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  2. El Raberto

El Raberto Registered Member

Problem now solved, 3 months later with update: 10.1.19.15808. Eh, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.