HD Tune vs Hard Disk Sentinel

Discussion in 'hardware' started by TomAZ, Aug 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Anyone have any experience with either HD Tune or Hard Disk Sentinel for monitoring, analyzing and diagnosing HDD condition and performance?

2. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

I am using Hard Disk Sentinel for a pretty long time and also used HD Tune sometime ago. They both have decent features, however I only trialled HD Tune for 14 days I think. HDS looks more developed for me, you can send data for debugging from within the program and the support is pretty fast. HDS shows nice graphs for SMART data analysis and logs problems and also offers to send messages to the user or via mail in case anyone is interested and can be calibrated for changing SMART data values. IF you happen to have an external with AAM, it changes the setting for max performance automatically when you plug it in. Different types of tests are available for reading and writing, also it allows conveyance test for drives, I have not seen that in SeaTools or HD Tune. RamDisks are possible to scan too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.