HD partititioning

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by f123, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. f123

f123 Guest

Being a windows-based imaging software, Image For Windows shares many weaknesses found in TI. That's the price you have to pay if you don't want to boot out of windows to run the imaging software.

Note that Bootit ng combines a boot manager, partitioning program, and imaging program into ONE package.

Setup IFW:
    -Download and install IFW (extract zip file and click setup).
    -Download and install PHYLOCK (extract zip file and click setup).
    -Reboot PC.
    -Launch IFW.
    -Click Continue.
    -Select Backup then Next.
    -Choose a partition then NEXT.
    -Click Browse and select another partition (destination) other than the one that you are trying to image. Give it a name and hit SAVE. Click Finish.

To restore data:
    -Launch IFW.
    -Click Continue.
    -Select Restore then Next.
    -Browse to the partition containing the newly created image file and click on it.
    -Choose Next.
    -Highlight the partition that you want to restore the image file to and click Finish. You may get a message indicating that IFW cannot obtain a lock. This is where you need to reboot with the boot disc if you HAVE ALREADY purchased IFW.

This is the main reason why I don't recommend IFW. You don't know if the software will work with your setup unless you purchase the software.

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thanks, F123. I printed out your instructions and the next time I feel a little brave I might just download the trial and try it out, thanks again.

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.