Having problems with Norton Antivirus

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by hopeless127, Jul 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hopeless127

hopeless127 Registered Member

Having problems with Backdoor.Trojan

I have Norton Antivirus 2003 and it keeps detecting a virus named Backdoor.Trojan in the object C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\D3DJEBE.DLL

It continues to say that it is unable to repair the file or that access is denied.
    When I go looking for the file it usually isn't there. i have seen it a few times but never when NAV is off.

I keep hitting the OK button to get rid of the Virus Detection window but it just keeps popping up. What is going on and how can I fix it?

Any ideas?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2004
  2. tlanzen

tlanzen Guest

having the same problem, have you found a solution? I ahve been worknig on it all day. Have un installed Norton and installed EZ Armor not seeing but do not have a comfort level w/ EZ Armor... also now getting change of search page seems un ending....
    This thing also turned off my pop-up blocker and stopped me from connecting with pop3 server - incommomg mail.

3. tlanzen

tlanzen Guest

did not give email if info on how to correct the backdoor-trogan please contact me via tlanzen@satx.rr.com

4. Cardinal 9

Cardinal 9 Registered Member

I am also having the same problem with Norton and the backdoor.trojan. In my case the file name is c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\HLP.DLL. I am getting the Norton pop up warning when opening any application. I tried to track down the file with APM and can not find it running. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

5. hopeless127

hopeless127 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.