Having problems with Norton Antivirus

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by hopeless127, Jul 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hopeless127

hopeless127 Registered Member

Having problems with Backdoor.Trojan

I have Norton Antivirus 2003 and it keeps detecting a virus named Backdoor.Trojan in the object C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\D3DJEBE.DLL

It continues to say that it is unable to repair the file or that access is denied.
    When I go looking for the file it usually isn't there. i have seen it a few times but never when NAV is off.

I keep hitting the OK button to get rid of the Virus Detection window but it just keeps popping up. What is going on and how can I fix it?

Any ideas?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2004
  2. tlanzen

tlanzen Guest

having the same problem, have you found a solution? I ahve been worknig on it all day. Have un installed Norton and installed EZ Armor not seeing but do not have a comfort level w/ EZ Armor... also now getting change of search page seems un ending....
    This thing also turned off my pop-up blocker and stopped me from connecting with pop3 server - incommomg mail.

3. tlanzen

tlanzen Guest

did not give email if info on how to correct the backdoor-trogan please contact me via tlanzen@satx.rr.com

4. Cardinal 9

Cardinal 9 Registered Member

I am also having the same problem with Norton and the backdoor.trojan. In my case the file name is c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\HLP.DLL. I am getting the Norton pop up warning when opening any application. I tried to track down the file with APM and can not find it running. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

5. hopeless127

hopeless127 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.