Have You Ever Blindly Defended A Browser?

Discussion in 'polls' started by DrBenGolfing, Feb 13, 2013.

?

Have You Ever Blindly Defended A Browser?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    76.0%
  3. It depends

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. guest

guest Guest

No. I never defended my browser (FF). - Nor do I sleep in a branded pyjama. Why? - Do you? :D

(Or maybe I only don't want to remember right now? :D) - But if (!) I had then for sure not without glasses? Stupid idea. Wouldn't have found the keyboard, you see? I wouldn't have. Blindly. ;)

No, but instead of stupidly defending my browser I always fiercely attack other browsers, much more fun, less fanboi attitude! :D

Nah. Just kidding. :p

Such silly fanboi behaviour in so called browser wars :D belongs IMHO to the sandboxie and I don't mean the software but the thing with actual sand in it. ;) - Paranoid security affine adults like us wilders bois and gurls should know better than that!!!! :cool:

Having said that .. erm .. one last remark: Firefox rulez! :D :D :D

2. niki

niki Registered Member

Yes and no, so can't really vote. Since I personally never had any problems with Firefox since I started using it in Nov 2004, I sorta defended it but never blindly.

I tried other browsers such as Opera, Google Chrome but didn't like them and as such would not defend, attack and/or promote these browsers either. To each their own preference.

Pale Moon is my backup browser for Fx and like it as well but again, won't blindly defend it.

Have this notion that if one tries out another browser and things don't pan out as wanted due to installed extensions or plugins, the browser is sometimes wrongly blamed.

3. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

In retrospect, I've been as even-handed as I can about browsers.

They all perform fairly close together on a modern machine. Some have features that don't work as well on other browsers. Some are harder than others to exploit. Some have huge privacy holes. One gets on your computer in a dodgy way (bundled, easy to miss), and takes over the file associations and as main browser without explicit permission.

What it comes down to is what interface you enjoy the most.

4. new2security

new2security Registered Member

I've blindly defended Netscape Navigator & Firefox.

5. guest

guest Guest

:D

Don't worry anymore, get rid of the sackcloth and smile again! :D (We promise not to peek, right guys? :D) - Your devotee sins from childhood are already forgiven. ;) - And it was even for a good cause .. in fact you should get decoration retroactively! :D

Long live Netscape Navigator, sailor's first choice! :cool:

(You never know ... while time traveling you could suddenly be in need of a browser and ... since IE sucked even more! :D)

6. new2security

new2security Registered Member

Thanks, forgiving someone for committing this abhorrent crime is a big deal. :p

During the mid nineties, we only had two choices; IE or NN. IE sucked. Ever since then, it became a habit of not using IE. I hear their browser is pretty good nowadays.

7. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Well, there's always its nearest equivalent SeaMonkey. ;)

8. No. All software has its strong and weak points, and I don't see the point of ignoring either.

(Also, pretty much all browsers these days are at least halfway decent.)

9. c2d

c2d Registered Member

No,that's stupid imo.

10. SweX

SweX Registered Member

No I have not :)

11. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Me - No. I defend it with valid, objective points.

Know someone who has?... absolutely. Both Opera and IE8. Yes, really... IE8.

When it comes to Firefox & Chrome, one need not be blind when defending it. Both are excellent browsers with plenty of pros in their favor, and far less cons by comparison.

12. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

No I've never been arguing about one or the other, I've had Opera, Firefox and now Chrome since its creation. I think they are all great, but Chrome is still my favorite.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.