Have you been hacked or exploited

Discussion in 'polls' started by emmjay, Oct 13, 2014.

?

Have you been hacked or exploited

1. Hacked, Yes

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Hacked, No

28 vote(s)
    77.8%
  3. Exploited, Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Exploited, No

27 vote(s)
    75.0%
  5. Desktop

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Laptop, tablet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Smartphone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. IOT device

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Point of Sale

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. OS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Application

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  12. Program

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Service

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  14. Other

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

You are right Bo, but on my Vista machine Sandboxie 4.12 and now 4.14 the installer gets to about 2/3 of the process and then stops. I've tried to uninstall Avira, but it still happens. The other thing is that I never install anything sandboxed, if I'm suspicious I prefer to use Shadow Defender for tests, therefore even with SB it would have happened, as I treat Google as a safe portal. Chrome usually flags suspicious websites (particularly one that disguises itself as Google), but I was using Internet Explorer to download Chrome...

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

If you tried to install Sandboxie 4.12 and now 4.14 by running the regular installer and you got an error related to Visual C++, then running the "separate 32 or 64 bits installer" from this link should get your Sandboxie upgrade to succeed.
    http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?AllVersions
    I do too, I prefer to use Shadow Defender to fully test a program. But the thing is, you were not installing, you were browsing. And if you had been browsing using Sandboxie, deleting the sandbox was all that you would it have needed to do after clicking the link and sensing that something was wrong.

Bo

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Bo, you are right! Version 414 installed perfectly with the 32 bit installer... You really ought to be the official Sandboxie expert with the orange appellation here at Wilders... Thanks a lot man.

4. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

You are right about that, Osaban! Bo knows! And it is in his nature to want to help others.

5. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

Not to my knowledge, though that isn't to say it couldn't happen. I've made the process painstaking for anyone up to the task, but there is no such thing as absolute security. In contrast, my co-workers, family, friends, etc. have been the exact opposite. Simply virtualizing their systems resolved 90% of their own problems, though probably didn't stop them from creating problems for others. Since they could still download infected files and share them with less fortunately users. I'm willing to say that 80% of what I do for security is probably unnecessary unless I'm specifically targeted. Blind attacks, might be effective if they discover a vulnerability in Windows or in the security software that I use and get lucky exploiting it.

6. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

You are welcome, Osaban. I am glad to help when I can.:)

Bo

7. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Exploited? All the time! I actually have to work!
    Mrk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.