Have Trojan-spy.html.smitfraud.c need help removing

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Mike devilboy, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weesie

weesie Registered Member

Hi there, im new to this place lol, but i had this same problem and couldnt find anything to download that wasnt gonna cost me a fortune! Eventually i found one and it worked and managed to remove the virus, for free!

Go to a search engine and download EWIDO SECURITY SUITE it takes about 45 minutes to complete the scan but it DOES remove the virus.

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I'm glad you're now clean. For others interested just download from the official site:http://www.ewido.net/en/. :)

3. tho

tho Guest

My ActiveX is not working. What now?

4. Zhenalv

Zhenalv Guest

hi, i think i'm encountering about the same problem as NOIDEA2680. if i log in normally, only my background shows up, no icons, no taskbar, nothing, even ctrl-alt-del doesn't work, only my mouse can move about.

if i enter using safe mode, no icons appear too.
    if i enter using safe mode with cmd prompt, i can call explorer, but the moment i click on anything, everything hangs.

i'm totally lost, the only thing i can do is use my cmd prompt. tried to use the regedit as suggested but dunno how to find files linked to paydial and paytime, although i have deleted these 2 files from my c drive.

Can anyone help? before i shut down my comp, the smitfruad message appeared and psguard and the mssearchnet page too. before i could finish scanning, the comp hung and that's that.

Really appreciate any advice that i can get. Thanks!

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Might be best now to post a HijackThis log over here,

http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index.php?showforum=170

then let the experts there give u recommendations on any malware found.

snowbound

6. Zhenalv

Zhenalv Guest

Hi Snowbound, thanks!

but i got a prob, even if i type in the .exe file in the cmd prompt, the programs do not run, just woondering if hijackthis will run?

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Likely not but what u could do is try and if not sucessful u could start a thread over at that forum i linked too anyway and explain your delimma as i'm sure the spyware fighters over there have the knowledge to guide u on how to clean up this malware...

snowbound

8. clerosm

clerosm Registered Member

Help !! Got infected by smitfraud yesterday... Tried out almost every method that has been posted here but nothing seems to work.. Tried ediwo, Hijackthis, kapervsky, and tried to search for the files that have to be deleted, but to no avail. I still keep getting the popup that tells me that my computer is infected, and I can't get rid of that using desktop manager either.. Help pls!!! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.