Have These Just Happened?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Daveski17, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I don't know about the unwashed masses, but I do suppose it's a security progress of some sort. I honestly don't think many people actually use that site anyway. I only occasionally refer people to it for some of its (slightly old) telescope hardware reviews. It's run by Wex Photo Video which does have https. As you can open an account with them https on their retail site makes sense. I believe Wex were originally based in East Anglia although they now have shops all over the country.

Interestingly:

wex.jpg

It's a great mystery. I've wondered if it's some extension compatibility clash with Firefox on Ubuntu. 'I'm ******** if I know', as we say in my country.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  2. Daveski17

Brave (internal adblocker).

scope.jpg

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Probably not unless they are running Windows 11. They don't look to be giving it to 10 users and whether or not a browser sets it up automatically will be the thing. In many cases it only works if your default DNS servers support it, which most ISPs probably do not yet. I hope for this to be a stupid and outdated reply some day, but I don't think we are there yet.

4. Daveski17

Brave on iMac (internal adblocker).

imac.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.