HauteSecure seems dead, I feel sad ...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by aigle, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Why every now and then these type of software die. I wonder why.

Snadboxes are generally user friendly with no pop ups and give solid protection. HauteSecure was especially good for novice.

Before SafeSpace and now seems HauteSecure.:rolleyes: I wonder no one even wants to buy these, atleast we will see them surving n kicking in that case. :mad:

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I see the problem being that for the people that are "in the know", there are too many other options that are either more well known and/or free. For the ones that are not in the know, none of these types of products get much light because the ones who don't know they need them, don't use them regardless of company/price. For the ones that do know they need something like this, they'll tend to go the easiest way they can, which most of the time amounts to Firefox/NoScript.

I think what may be happening to Haute is too much competition and not enough advertising for their services. They partnered with Opera, yes, but other than Europe, Opera is low man on the totem pole in the browser world, which is not a good place for Haute to be if they want enough customers to sustain their business.

3. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

In what way is it dead? Page loads fine and no signs of dieing on the pages.

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

IMO here is what I think the problem is,If we where to go take a survey of the average Joe and His or Her family computers most would have No Clue what Virtualization,Hips and the like even is.If you Said Antivirus The would say almost always o yes I have that.thing about it Most computer shops would recommend there customers a good Antivirus,Would they mention Sandboxie,Returnil,or a Hips.No I seriously doubt it in fact most may not even heard of HauteSecure.The average user of whatever platform there running does not want to understand what security is just give them an AV thats runs,updates and scans with out them being bothered and there happy.Example many family members of mine get infected then bring there pc to the repair shop get it fixed and then continue on until there infected again.If I even even tried to explain some alternatives they would look at me in boardem and pretend there listening and Nothing would change they will go about it the same way.This is why Good AntiVirus or bigname AntiVirus have been around a long time and will probably be around longer then we will.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

maybe slow development and i mean maybe very slow:)

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

If this is true Opera will have to find other way to keep its Fraud Protection.

Now they "only" have Netcraft and PhishTank.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

No signs of Life there.

8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

nice avatar:thumb:

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks. :) I couldnot find a fourth Sandbox application to use its icon, so used Returnil ones.

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

cool;)

11. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

The site works with both Opera and IE7 over here. o_O

12. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

13. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I know it and even played with it long ago. Not actively developed I guess.

14. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Site is OK. Software development is stalled I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.