Has the advanced heuristics get improved in version 4?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Norton360, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrathchild

wrathchild Registered Member

I mean no offense but if question is straight and non technical users can only speculate about it, I think that mods or devs should feel a need to answer. At least if forum is official.

Cheers!

2. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

I don't know but none of the Mythic files were encrypted.

And many times when using sharepoint I download and upload series of files on encrypted connection via VPN...haven't done this yet with NOD 4 installed.

Also, why should users limit themselves?

3. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

WOOT WOOOT 100+ MB CLUB!!!
    Ok please what do I need to do to solve it? I mean 100+ MB come on!

Attached Files:

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

No idea why, but considering nearly every other process there is inflated like hell, explorer.exe 90mb?? I'd bet it's something else causing a problem. With so many processes (why do you have so many?) it could be quite tricky.

5. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I found that Webroot Spy Sweeper scans would do the same thing on my PC. In my case, Spy Sweeper would do this after a scan of running processes with code emulation turned on.

I also found that manually freeing up memory after a scan, using a memory optimizer such as the one in TuneUp Utilities, would return the memory usage to normal for all running processes. Rebooting the PC would also have the same effect.

Unless your memory usage is constantly excessive all of the time, it's possible that you are experiencing a similar issue to the one I've described where one of your anti-malware programs is causing this to happen after a scan. Just a thought ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.