Has that website been hacked ?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Perman, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks:

One of my favorite oversea security forums has displayed this message instead of its regular home page:

.....The SSL/TLS-Aware Apache webserver was successfully installed on this website.....

and urge reader to contact the adm of that website or email webmaster.

Any clue ? just wondering ...perhaps it has been hijacked.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Without looking at it, my guess would be that they reinitialized their server. Pages like that are often the default landing page immediately following a new install of a webserver. It could have been done for any number of reasons. Perhaps they are moving to a new server contract and the server is ready but they haven't moved their content yet. Perhaps they had a hard server crash and the hosting company has restored the server itself, but, the forum and other content haven't been restored yet. These are more likely reasons for that kind of page than a hack, which would usually leave something nastier than that behind.

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks.

Now the page can not be found.

A bit earlier I was able to view its cached snapshot of page.

Tried to post a snapshot of that page, I guess I am just clumsy of using that expensive tool, FullShot 9. :doubt:

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

everything is back to normal.

LWM, you are right, they have upgraded the server and was slow in moving web contents over.

According to them, the upgrade is required , due to frequent problems of "too many connections".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.