Has NOD32 Affected My MS Outlook 2007??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mrm3601, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrm3601

mrm3601 Registered Member

Hello.

I had been running NOD32 v. 2 (2.7, the latest) with no problems when I noticed last week that my e-mail address, on a message to my wife, was not my e-mail address. I'm using MS Outlook 2007 for e-mail.

I sent my myself a few "test" messages and the same happend: the "From:" and the "To:" line of each test message contains an e-mail address that is not mine.

Furthermore, the address listed is always something like, "*******************@mta1.srv.hcvlny.cv.net."

I therefore contacted Microsoft about this and the technician told me that it was NOD32 that was doing this. When I asked him why this would be he responded as follows, "Yes sir." He asked me to disable NOD32 and to send myself another test message, but I still received an incorrect e-mail address. It was only when I started the pc in "Safe" mode that I received my correct e-mail address.

The MS technician told me that NOD32 had "corrupt.....(I couldn't understand what he said, even after I asked him to repeat himself twice). He then told me I should contact Eset about it.

I received a follow up telephone call from Microsoft two nights later and again a technician tried to determine the cause of the issue. But it seemed to me that he simply confirmed what the first MS technician had said to me.

My question is: has anyone ever experienced NOD32 affecting one's own e-mail address the same way it has mine?

By the way, I removed NOD32 and I'm running Kaspersky v. 7.0. The issue with my e-mail remains.

Thank you.

2. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Question,

If I perform a domain lookup for "mta1.srv.hcvlny.cv.net", I'm getting a address for "Cablevision Systems Corp "

Have you contacted your ISP about the problem.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@mrm3601

It can't have been NOD32 , the problem should be somewhere else , in my opinion.

There are no such known issues

4. mrm3601

Thank you both for your responses.

In fact, I contacted my ISP about this issue and they insisted it is not their doing/mistake. However, my ISP IS Cablevision. I am therefore going to contact them again.

As I said, I continue to have the same problem even though I removed NOD32and I am now running Kaspersky AntiVirus. I told this to Microsoft and they insisted it was NOD32.

Thank you both again. I'll make another post after I contact my ISP.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This proves it is not NOD32.

Cheers :D

6. mrm3601

Thank you, De Hollander, for having done a "domain lookup" for the incorrect e-mail address that is returned to me when I send a "test" message to myself using MS Outlook 2007.

I called my ISP, which IS Cablevision, and they have just told me that MS Outlook 2007 has a security feature such that the addressee's e-mail address is disguised.

Can anyone say if this is true? I'll be contacting Microsoft directly about this but the two technicians I spoke with at MS did not mention this sort of thing to me.

When I send myself a message using my ISP's "webmail" email program my correct address shows up.

I will be contacting Microsoft about this again within the next few days.

Any further comments will be appreciated.

Thank you, again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.