Has NOD32 Affected My MS Outlook 2007??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mrm3601, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrm3601

mrm3601 Registered Member

Hello.

I had been running NOD32 v. 2 (2.7, the latest) with no problems when I noticed last week that my e-mail address, on a message to my wife, was not my e-mail address. I'm using MS Outlook 2007 for e-mail.

I sent my myself a few "test" messages and the same happend: the "From:" and the "To:" line of each test message contains an e-mail address that is not mine.

Furthermore, the address listed is always something like, "*******************@mta1.srv.hcvlny.cv.net."

I therefore contacted Microsoft about this and the technician told me that it was NOD32 that was doing this. When I asked him why this would be he responded as follows, "Yes sir." He asked me to disable NOD32 and to send myself another test message, but I still received an incorrect e-mail address. It was only when I started the pc in "Safe" mode that I received my correct e-mail address.

The MS technician told me that NOD32 had "corrupt.....(I couldn't understand what he said, even after I asked him to repeat himself twice). He then told me I should contact Eset about it.

I received a follow up telephone call from Microsoft two nights later and again a technician tried to determine the cause of the issue. But it seemed to me that he simply confirmed what the first MS technician had said to me.

My question is: has anyone ever experienced NOD32 affecting one's own e-mail address the same way it has mine?

By the way, I removed NOD32 and I'm running Kaspersky v. 7.0. The issue with my e-mail remains.

Thank you.

2. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Question,

If I perform a domain lookup for "mta1.srv.hcvlny.cv.net", I'm getting a address for "Cablevision Systems Corp "

Have you contacted your ISP about the problem.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@mrm3601

It can't have been NOD32 , the problem should be somewhere else , in my opinion.

There are no such known issues

4. mrm3601

Thank you both for your responses.

In fact, I contacted my ISP about this issue and they insisted it is not their doing/mistake. However, my ISP IS Cablevision. I am therefore going to contact them again.

As I said, I continue to have the same problem even though I removed NOD32and I am now running Kaspersky AntiVirus. I told this to Microsoft and they insisted it was NOD32.

Thank you both again. I'll make another post after I contact my ISP.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This proves it is not NOD32.

Cheers :D

6. mrm3601

Thank you, De Hollander, for having done a "domain lookup" for the incorrect e-mail address that is returned to me when I send a "test" message to myself using MS Outlook 2007.

I called my ISP, which IS Cablevision, and they have just told me that MS Outlook 2007 has a security feature such that the addressee's e-mail address is disguised.

Can anyone say if this is true? I'll be contacting Microsoft directly about this but the two technicians I spoke with at MS did not mention this sort of thing to me.

When I send myself a message using my ISP's "webmail" email program my correct address shows up.

I will be contacting Microsoft about this again within the next few days.

Any further comments will be appreciated.

Thank you, again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.