Has anyone..

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DX2, Oct 25, 2014.

1. DX2

DX2 Guest

UTM? Explain please..

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I visited that link, and there was only a Connect with Facebook option to logon. The Facebook logon is safe to use as you logon via Facebook and many other websites use Facebook in the same way.

3. silverfoxuk

silverfoxuk Registered Member

Hi - sorry I can be a bit more specific. The email text reads:

Subject: yourfriend@friends.co.uk has indicated you are a friend. Accept?
    To: your@email.co.uk

Click here to discover yourfriend@friends.co.uk's favorite websites!
    yourfriend@friends.co.uk is now following you
    I would like to add you as a friend
    -yourfriend@friends.co.uk
    Accept Decline
    Following yourfriend@friends.co.uk helps you discover great websites they recommend :)

Looking at the source - there are several clickable links contained in the email like this:

[INDENT]hxxp://invites.infoaxe.net/download.jsp?welcome=1&email=me@myemail.co.uk&viral=true&u=33329642&inviterid=33012299&token=67e151cf926d5ea44903c3c8fbdf05c5&ts=1414317161043&userid=33329642&inviter=friendsname&emailmasterid=33d2bd8c-a22a-4ced-99b3-30c8955bf93f&from=friendsname@yourfriend.co.uk&src=welcomeyes [/INDENT]

Click on that and it automatically forwards to a gmail login. From what I read on the web, it's not made clear to the person logging in that by doing so they are giving Flipora access to their gmail contacts to spam with similar emails as above, as well as installing a browser 'helper' that reports your browsing habits back to flipora. Think it tries to change your default search engine as well.

WOT reputation
    https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/invites.infoaxe.net

VT 2/60 (3 if you include ESET which rates as 'Suspicious')
    results removed as per forum policy

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
  4. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

God bless you for this.. LOL! Seriously, I need to do this immediately. Unfortunately the link is dead for the download, or our Fortigate 3700D is killing it.

5. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

6. Esse

Esse Registered Member

Download did work here, playing around with the new beta, seems it need a bit more work.

/E

7. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Our security was blocking it for multiple reasons. I hit it on a DMZ and found so many ads, and script errors I couldn't even find a download link....

I might have to wait.

8. Esse

Esse Registered Member

Go way down on the download page and you will find it.

/E

9. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Can't find it at work, or at home.

What a hideous, intolerable, obnoxious website designed by a 8 year old.

Maybe if you show me a screenshot of the download button? LOL!

10. J_L

J_L Registered Member

11. Behold Eck

Behold Eck Registered Member

Apart from a couple of nasties lurking in temp files(sandboxed of course) nothing in years.Sometimes I even feel a bit neglected by the malware.:rolleyes:

Probably why I have a test machine for hurling loads of bad stuff at.:D

Regards Eck:)

12. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I would suggest Easy2Boot. My favorite from the many I've tried. Also, excellent support if you have problems with it.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  13. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I will look into this as well. Most of my work is from remote. But I get 10-15 machines a week into the NOC for manual work, so these tools would be handy. We have a killer DVD we use, it has every version of Win7 on it from a single boot menu. That alone saves us a lot of time on full flattens.

14. geekatlarge

geekatlarge Registered Member

Been a while since I tried SARDU. The developer started bundling it Babylon toolbar and other pups in 2012 so I stopped using it. No idea if it still comes with malware, but that might be why you had trouble downloading it, Mayhana.

I tried others, but had the best results with YUMI from here http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/

If you use certain older rescue disks or distros, see the notes about using an earlier version of YUMI than the most current. I had problems with some rescue disks not working correctly in 2.0.12, so I reverted back to 2.0.0.6 and no problems. It's all explained on the main page. Very easy to use. A permanent part of my toolkit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.