has anyone tried any of these burning programs

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zfactor, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

okay ive decided cd-da extractor is not for me. while it does a great job of doing what it offers it does not offer anything in a simple way. meaning to do a "copy dvd" or "copy cd" you have to actually open the existing dvd video directory and move the files into the new video folser manually. a far as i can tell there is now button to simply click copy. that imo should be a basic option on any burning program. again where ashampoo excels in everything it lacks cd text otherwise it imo would be perfect minus a lot of advanced options. onr thing i can give cd-da credit for is its SO FASSSSTTTTT ... it was awesome burning files to either cd or dvd they seemed even though set at 4x for a dvd to go so much faster than anything i have used before.. this imo along with the perfect way of changing the track names for cd's were its only positives though, if you need a AWESOME cd burning program with really any lack of dvd options i can say this would be it for me..

now gear pro... SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW.. SO VERY SLOW.. what a great program... except yes once again its slow. everything works great but man things like mnaking a audio cd take forever. when adding mp3's over to it it takes anywhere between 30-60 seconds to "add" each file then it re does the whole file sit for every track. so adding say 10 tracks takes imo nearly 8 minutes or so just to set it up to be ready to burn. wtf is thato_O?

i had a similar experience with making dvd's.... the caching of this program needs to be changed imo.. and it does not as far as i can see offer a option to delete files after writing. so i ended up with its storage directory for use while writing remaining after it was done. i found i had to manually delete the files in that folder after each burn. while it does offer almost anything under the sun as far as options go the engine or program itself needs a lot of work..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.