Has anyone tired any other backup products?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by unimpressed, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iain

iain Guest

Thank you, I have tried that now - yes it does turn up some relevant stuff, but nothing specific enough (ditto looking for various other combinations). It's sooo mysterious and annoying. Other people may be experiencing problems with SATA but haven't realised that's the cause yet (after all, Ghost 9 is very new). On the other hand, it might be some bizarre idiosyncracy (excuse spelling!) of my system. However that seems unlikely because I built it myself for max compatability with most things (Intel D865PERL board, Pentium 4, DDR400 RAM etc).

Hmph, I say, hmph! I don't know what to do - I'm reluctant to spend more on a different program, but I'm obviously panicy about not having proper backups...

iain

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  3. iain

iain Guest

Thank you, I have followed these links here and there but still haven't found a solution. :-(

The key difference between most of the SATA stuff on the forum and my situation is that I have had no problem at all installing and using the SATA drive. I haven't needed and havent' used any particular controller drivers for it, nor has this caused any difficulties with Windows or Ghost detecting the drive in the first place.

It really does seem to boil down just to the unreliability of Ghost. What I'm interested to know is, when other people say that Drive Image or Ghost 9 has been 'unreliable', are they referring to the same behaviour that I'm describing..?

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

I was hoping for you to return with the good news and the uncovered solution. You no doubt have seen this, "Radified".
    I'm not really sure what else to suggest. It's unfortunate anyone who's been through this successfully has not replied.
    I'll still keep a head's up for you just in case.... ;)

Edit, Granted these are a little dated, they may trigger something you're overlooking. o_O

Ghost Tutorial, Ghost Errors, Restore Ghost Image, SATA Switch, Creating Ghost Images, Ghost Implementation.
    Your suspicions. While you're at it iain, google "usb ghost image". Good Luck!

If you solve this mystery, post back. I'd like to hear about it.

GF

Last edited: Oct 2, 2004
  5. iain

iain Guest

Many thanks. I will look into these other links and see what I find.

Sorry for the delays in between my posts - I'm just busy at the moment. I appreciate your help though, and will let you know what happens.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.