Has anyone cloned with True Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Saarland, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saarland

Saarland Registered Member

I can not get True Image 9 to clone, I have a 100 gig hd and am trying to clone it to a new 250 gig. All went well and I got all the way to the proceed part and reboot ( there were 4 steps 3 of them were to reboot ) it reboot and then went to a xp window said it was checking partitions and it took about 20 sec. and then said congradulations cloning complete, windows XP started but it had done nothing not repartitioned the new hard drive or anything. Tried it many times, got new build, tried auto, manual, let it pick the size always the same. The documentation is not good enough for this part it just says after hitting proceed you will be asked to reboot if you cancel you will cancel the procedure and that is all it says what is suppose to happen next.

If this helps
    Windows XP sp2
    Norton internet security and antivirus
    at this point wish I had norton ghost

Saarland

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Saarland,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please check each partition of your hard drives by Windows utility. You should use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drives.

Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please uninstall your Norton Internet Security and Antivirus software temporarily and try to clone your old hard drive to the new one.

If that does not help then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

You can also boot your computer from the bootable rescue media and try to clone your hard drive in rescue mode.

Please note that we recommend you to unplug one of the hard drives right after the disk cloning process has been finished, since keeping both original and cloned hard drives connected might cause different boot or drive letter assignment problems.

If that does not help, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please keep both source and destination hard drives connected while creating Acronis Report and Windows System Information.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Lot of times. And restored too. But only whole images successfully.

4. Saarland

Saarland Registered Member

I tried the boot disk first and that seems to of worked great. From the docs that are online it is not clear that the boot disk is the full program. It makes more since to clone without windows running. If I knew that boot disk media worked like it did I would of done that first.

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Did you actually TEST the cloned drive? Do not rely on the "cloned successful" message at the end of the process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.