Has anyone been using TrendProtect?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by quadrophonic, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quadrophonic

quadrophonic Registered Member

From the description, it seems similar to SiteAdvisor. Siteadvisor seems to rely on user information, though. Is TrendProtect similar and how accurate is it.

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/free_security_tools/trendprotect.php

On occasion, SiteAdvisor will give an exclamation point to a site that's clean, and on other occasions will give a green checkmark to sites that contain some questionable downloads.

I'd like to switch and get rid of the SiteAdvisor nag screen if TrendProtect is a superior BHO.

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have used TrendProtect for a couple weeks. It does not seem to slow down browsing or going from one search result page to the next. As a negative, it doe not give the detailed info SiteAdvisor does. But overall I like it better than SA.

3. quadrophonic

quadrophonic Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I think I'll try it with IE6 while continuing to use Siteadvisor for Firefox. I just have to remember what the CLSID string is for the BHO that it's going to add, so that when I run Hijackthis, I won't get alarmed at seeing a new one.:)

4. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I'm waiting till it comes out of beta. Not much of a beta tester.

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Why do'nt you upgrade to IE7, which is equipped w/ automatic website cheching ability. I believe this feature is at par as TrendProtect or site advisor.

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

IE7 only has antiphishing, i think TrendProtect and Site Advisor can beyond that.

7. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have IE7. But I don't use the antiphishing tool as it seems more of a trackware mechanism for M$ than it is an antiphishing tool. If I ran an antiphishing tool it would be Comodo's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.