Has Adobe's certificate been revoked by Verisign or not?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by luweitest, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luweitest

luweitest Registered Member

I recently encountered a problem related to Adobe's certificate, the details are here: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/browse_thread/thread/6f4beb5418f0f2e9 . After discussion it comes to that Adobe's certificate is added to my system's untrusted list, and I'm certain that I didn't do that myself, so I wonder whether it has truly been revoked or not (Windows seems do not distinguish between revocation and blacklist). Is there a place to check a certificate's revocation status? If it is not revoked, how can I determine who or which program did it? The certificate concerned is used to sign adobe flash player, with the fingerprint sha1: fd f0 1d d3 f3 7c 66 ac 4c 77 9d 92 62 3c 77 81 4a 07 fe 4c .

2. luweitest

Sorry if I posted in wrong place, and please direct me to the right forum.

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

4. luweitest

I don't have problem to download file from Adobe, and the files I have are correct (same md5 with the one published). I just wonder what is the reason that Adobe's certificate are blacklisted or revoked.

5. luweitest

I go to Adobe's forum and surprisingly found that there is no way to post new article...

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

luweitest, there is a Log In / Register link at the top of the forum. You need to Sign In in order to post.

7. luweitest

Thanks. I registered and activated my Adobe account yesterday but I did not find any "start new topic" button or something like that. Today it is there! I guess it's Adobe forum's newbie-unfriendly protective scheme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.