Has Adobe's certificate been revoked by Verisign or not?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by luweitest, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luweitest

luweitest Registered Member

I recently encountered a problem related to Adobe's certificate, the details are here: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/browse_thread/thread/6f4beb5418f0f2e9 . After discussion it comes to that Adobe's certificate is added to my system's untrusted list, and I'm certain that I didn't do that myself, so I wonder whether it has truly been revoked or not (Windows seems do not distinguish between revocation and blacklist). Is there a place to check a certificate's revocation status? If it is not revoked, how can I determine who or which program did it? The certificate concerned is used to sign adobe flash player, with the fingerprint sha1: fd f0 1d d3 f3 7c 66 ac 4c 77 9d 92 62 3c 77 81 4a 07 fe 4c .

2. luweitest

Sorry if I posted in wrong place, and please direct me to the right forum.

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

4. luweitest

I don't have problem to download file from Adobe, and the files I have are correct (same md5 with the one published). I just wonder what is the reason that Adobe's certificate are blacklisted or revoked.

5. luweitest

I go to Adobe's forum and surprisingly found that there is no way to post new article...

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

luweitest, there is a Log In / Register link at the top of the forum. You need to Sign In in order to post.

7. luweitest

Thanks. I registered and activated my Adobe account yesterday but I did not find any "start new topic" button or something like that. Today it is there! I guess it's Adobe forum's newbie-unfriendly protective scheme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.