Hard drive light on for past 24 hours!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JoeBob, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeBob

JoeBob Registered Member

I just installed Nod32 yesterday afternoon and since then my hard drive light has been on for the past 24 hours. If I reboot it still stays on. I opened AMON and it was scanning between a few files, like MemoKit.exe and Diskeep.ctl continuously. I closed MemoKit and it no longer appears to be scanning. The hard drive light is still on and the File shows Diskeep.ctl or SMC.exe. Why is it doing this? How do I get it to stop?

TIA
    Joe :mad:

2. Mephisto

Mephisto Guest

Hi,

I read about a similiar problem as this on a few different occasions and it always comes back to the Diskeeper defrag program. It somehow while defragging and creating temp files loops back on itself and thus the continued hard drive usage.

http://doc.advisor.com/doc/11142
    Scroll to the bottom of the page where there is a yellow box that says UPDATE and read the description as i think this is your same problem.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

To prevent AMON from scanning files that are continually being accessed either by the system or application itself, you'll need either to exlcude those files from scanning or install the new NOD32 2.50 beta available at http://www.eset.com/download/downbeta.htm. The new AMON present in the beta uses cache which means that files are scanned only once unless they've changed or some other conditions have been fulfilled.

At any rate, I don't assume AMON would be the culprit in this case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.