Hard Drive image will not mount!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jrude6, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrude6

jrude6 Registered Member

I created an image of my hard drive which was validated. The image spans 2 DVD+RW disks. When I attempt to mount the image, everything proceeds smoothly including assigment of drive letter J to the partition (using volume 2 of multi-volume image archive). However, when I click on PROCEED, I get the following message: "Cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the backup archive".

Please help. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  2. bobcat

bobcat Registered Member

It seems like you cannot mount an image using mutiple CD's, but if you put the files into one folder, you will be able to mount the image

bobcat

3. jrude6

jrude6 Registered Member

I believe that is not possible since one cannot copy/move .tib files off of a DVD+RW disk. So the problem remains!!

4. MerlinAZ

MerlinAZ Registered Member

What happens when you try to copy the .tib files to a hard drive?
    You should be able to.

5. jrude6

jrude6 Registered Member

"What happens when you try to copy the .tib files to a hard drive?
    You should be able to.".

I did it & it allowed me to mount the backups. Success. Thanks.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jrude6,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

First of all, please note that it is very important that all the volumes of the image archive be in the same folder.

Then please verify the image archive via Check Archive tool. If the image archive appears to be consistent, provide us with a shot of the latest screen of the Mount Image wizard which contains the operation scenario.

If there is an EISA partition on your machine (generally the service partition on a laptop), please do not to mount this partition (select the "Do not mount" option for it)

If there is no EISA partition, make sure the Acronis drivers have been successfully registered in the Windows registry:

- Go to the Windows Start ->Run and issue the "regedit" command;

- Find the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    and see if it involves a value PartMgr snapman;

- Another key to check is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}
    This one should include VolSnap timounter snapman.

In case there are no values like those, please open again

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    right click within the right panel of the Registry Editor >new> Multi-String Value> then type UpperFilters >push the Enter button>right click on the value> Modify> enter PartMgr snapman in the value data section.

Take the same steps for
    KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} > UpperFilters > enter VolSnap timounter snapman

If the Acronis drivers have been successfully registered, please do the following:

- Download http://www.acronis.com/files/support/SetupApiLog.zip, unpack it and run in order to add the information to the Windows registry;

- Delete \Windows\setupapi.log and reboot the computer;

- Reproduce the problem and provide setupapi.log;

- Let us know whether there is a delay after hitting Proceed and getting the error message.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the issue appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Fedor Kurbatov

7. jrude6

jrude6 Registered Member

To Fedor Kurbatov:

Try reading my reply to MerlinAZ...

"What happens when you try to copy the .tib files to a hard drive?
    You should be able to.".

I did it & it allowed me to mount the backups. Success. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.