Hard Disk Manger Pro 2009 will not start

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by 747skipper, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 747skipper

747skipper Registered Member

Hi,
    This used to work fine, until today.
    I'm running XP SP3 with a 1TB disk and a 250GB disk, each with 2 partions.
    Today I started HDMP to do some backups and whatever option I choose from the slash screen begins to open then stops with an:
    "Operation failed"
    "Bad parameter of function"
    ticking more options gives me

Error source: Hard Disk Manager
    Error code: 0x1100a

Searching the knowledge base (yes BEFORE posting applause please) correctly suggested that Volume Shadow Copy might not be started, so I have set that to auto and started it and it is showing "started"
    "MS software Shadow Copy Provider" was also stopped so I have started that and set it to auto.

I have tried un-installing and re-installing the program but get the same result.
    Virus checks are clean and other progs are running normally.
    Any ideas please?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello 747skipper,

Do you know of other programs that's installed may be conflicting with VSS? VSS is a shared Windows service so, burning utilities or backup utilities should be disabled.

Alternatively, under Tools > Settings, one can use Paragon Hot Processing. The only disadvantage of PHP is that it cannot take a snapshot of all your partitions at the same time. So if you are only backing up one partition or do not need all your partitions to be synchronized together, PHP will be just as good.

3. 747skipper

Thanks for such a quick reply Tommy.

I wondered about a program conflict as I had installed "Fling" which synchronises my files with an those I upload to a web page. However I have stopped that from loading and stopped it's service with no effect.

Since I can't get any program to start from the splash screen (5 buttons down the left hand side choose the program you want on the right) how do I get to Tools > Settings, to choose hot processing?

I downloaded the latest free Partition Manager Express, in case that would throw any light on the problem but behaves in a very similar way:
    Partition Resize says:
    Sorry Wizard cannot continue
    Wizard could not find partitions that could be redistributed

It seems Hot processing will have to do IF I could get to the menu to turn it on!

4. Paragon_Tommy

To get to the full scale launcher, choose Advanced Options and HDM 2009 Suite.

5. 747skipper

6. Paragon_Tommy

Hello 747skipper,

Could you send us one of your log files.

C:\Program Files\Paragon Software\Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite\program\BioNtLog.txt

I've sent you a private message with my contact.

In the mean time, can you run:

C:\Program Files\Paragon Software\Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite\rmb\rmb.exe

Build a typical recovery CD, boot to the CD and see if you get the same error. According to one of our engineers, the program has problems working with the drive geometry thus failing to start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.