hard disk manager won't resize c: drive?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by uanmi, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uanmi

uanmi Registered Member

I purchased your product to resize my hard disk.

I have a HP z400 with Windows 7 64 bit. The machine has a recovery partition of 1 GB and the remainder of the hard disk is about 488 GB I loaded the 64 bit version of your hard disk manager Paragon-120-PRE_WinInstallx64_9.0.9.8130_001.msi

I tried to resize the c: drive to 100 GB and the program asked me to reboot as it was not able to do the move partition operation without a reboot. I rebooted the PC and then a menu appeared asking me to boot from the a: drive or from the windows drive. I selected windows drive and continued. Windows login appeared and I logged in as normal. The C: drive is still 488 GB. I have tried this operation twice and the same thing happens each time.

I would appreciate knowing why the operation failed and how to get the operation to succeed.

regards, Mark

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Uanmi,

Create a recovery disk by going to Tools > Recovery Media Builder. Boot to the recovery disk and perform the operations.

3. uanmi

uanmi Registered Member

thank you, not obvious in the message about what it wanted to do.
    regards, mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.