Hard Disk Manager 15 Preview Released

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Paragon_JT, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Paragon_JT

Paragon_JT Paragon Moderator

Paragon has released Hard Disk Manager 15 Preview for free early evaluation.

Here's what's new in Hard Disk Manager 15 Preview:
    • Agentless MS Hyper-V Backup
    • Virtual container replaces the previous backup archive
    • Recovery Media Builder 3.0
    • Easier virtualization
    • Adaptable user interface views

Agentless MS Hyper-V Backup

Hard Disk Manager 15 installs locally to backup Microsoft Hyper-V hosts, and at the same time provides agentless protection of Hyper-V guest VMs. Agentless backup of the guest VMs saves time and resources.

Virtual Container Format (pVHD)

The new pVHD container format is optimized for backup and virtualization operations.

• Create backups directly to popular Virtual Disk formats: VMDK, VHD, VHDx
    • Enables instant virtualization to common hypervisors: Oracle Virtual Box, MS Hyper-V, VMware Workstation, MS Virtual PC
    • Incremental backups can be used for Virtual Machine recovery points
    • Supports file backup, differential backup, compression, and more
    • Improved network backup up to 10x faster, and more efficient use of memory resources
    • Legacy PBF container format remains supported

Recovery Media Builder 3.0

Recovery Media Builder 3.0 combines Paragon's older Recover Media Builder and Boot Media Builder into a single utility. This provides the following benefits:

• Use either MS WAIK or ADK to build recovery media
    • Create boot media on CD/DVD, USB Flash, or to ISO format
    • No requirement for users to download WAIK or ADK from MS
    • Create Linux or WinPE based media

Easier Virtualization

Hard Disk Manger 15 aims to simplify the virtualization process, in order to make instant disaster recovery an immediate option for users across all markets.

• Access older versions of your system configuration quickly
    • No need to restore to a physical system , allowing your physical system to remain current
    • Use the virtual system images on any computer as long as it has a supported hypervisor
    • Access different versions of the same system as needed
    NOTE: The Hard Disk Manager 15 Preview is limited to supporting instant virtualization to VMware and Oracle Virtual Box only. Hyper-V support will be available in the final release version of Hard Disk Manager 15.

Adaptable User Interface Views

• Adaptable user interface views are included to simplify common operations
    • Minimizes need for users to obtain a full understanding of all Hard Disk Manager features
    • Only display the features related to operations
      • i.e. hide partitioning tools when performing a backup task
    • Legacy view provides access to PBF-based backup tools

Click here to get your free download and start your evaluation today!

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Some comments:

The first and third statements are contradictory. To clarify, RMB 3.0 can create boot media using WinRE (if present and available in the Windows installation), which requires neither WAIK nor WAIK. But you can also use WAIK or WADK, if you prefer.

Second statement: actually there is no option to build CD/DVD boot disks.

Also, there is no option to create a boot USB Flash drive (UFD) from an ISO file. So, if you use RMB to create an ISO file, you must use a third-party utility to create the UFD. This is not problem for me, I always use Rufus for this purpose. But I think some people will find this inconvenient.

However, I created an ISO Linux for BIOS systems, and it wasn´t recognized as valid by Rufus. Then I created the UFD directly and tried to boot it, but the boot process freezed. So, it appears that it´s not possible to build a Linux boot UFD for BIOS systems using RMB 3.0.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  3. RodgerBuckley

RodgerBuckley Registered Member

Absolutely awful. As a completely new user of Paragon software I can honestly say that I am certain that I have wasted my time and money buying this software. Life really shouldn't be so difficult in the 21st Century. All I need to do is to clone a HDD, then put it onto another machine - something I've been able to do with Ghost quite easily until I discovered the value of a VM image. Yet here we are, 6 or 7 years down the road, and Paragon have made the most simple of tasks difficult - and the userguide is appalling!

My advice to anyone considering buying HDM 15 - DON'T

4. tonys_0

tonys_0 Registered Member

Hi.
    I have downloaded the 30 days trial version, but I cannot find the Recovery Media Builder
    Is the Recovery Media Builder surely included in the payed version of Hard Disk Manager 15?

5. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

The RMB is on the tiled interface or "Express Mode".

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.