Hard Disk Manager 12 Pro?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Cypherdude, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cypherdude

Cypherdude Registered Member

Hello,
    I am currently using Paragon Partition Manager 11 Pro. Today I received a Paragon email ad regarding Hard Disk Manager 12 Pro & PM 12 Pro. I have some questions regarding Hard Disk Manager 12 Pro:
    1) In HDM 12 Pro, how can you create a WinPE boot CD? I use the PM 11 Pro WinPE boot CD to back up my partitions almost exclusively. I rarely ever use PM 11 Pro inside Win7 64 Pro.

Do you have to pay for the "Paragon Boot Media Builder"? Does the PBMB automatically add HDM 12 Pro to the WinPE environment for a bootable CD? I read the 8 page Paragon Boot Media Builder - Quick User Guide rg_bmb_eng.pdf but I did not find anything specific.

2) Can HDM 12 Pro reside on the same system as PM 11 Pro or must I uninstall PM 11 Pro first? Will PBMB work correctly with HDM 12 Pro when PM 11 Pro is on the same system?

3) I noticed in the Hard Disk Manager 12 Professional Editions' Comparison page, the table states HDM 12 Pro does not Defragment Partitions as PM 11 Pro does. Is this true? I actually do use this feature in WinPe PM 11 Pro.

4) In the Hard Disk Manager 12 Professional Editions' Comparison page, the table states HDM 12 Pro can perform "Automatic partition alignment" for SSD's. Can PM 11 Pro do this? Can PM 11 Pro work with SSD's? What is "Automatic partition alignment"?

5) In the Hard Disk Manager 12 Professional Editions' Comparison page, the table states HDM 12 Pro can "Migrate OS to SSD". Can PM 11 Pro do this? Can PM 11 Pro copy partitions to SSD's?

6) The table states HDM 12 Pro can "Support of 2TB+ and non-512B sector size drives". Does PM 11 Pro support these drives?

Thanks in Advance.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

1. BMB is a separate download at no extra cost

2. No idea - never tried.

3. Yes, the defrag feature has been dropped.

4. Automatic partition alignment aligns partitions to nt6 rules when creating, resizing (from the left) or transferring to another drive.

5. I don't think PM11 will align partitions you already have. I don't think PM11 has the Migrate o/s to SSD ( or hd) feature.

That allows you to leave out files before transferring as the ssd is often smaller than the source.

The rest I can't rememeber - it must be in PM11 help files.

3. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

1. BMB is now an installation which creates a more customized RCD and require Windows AIK to be installed.

2. Yes you can have different product installed, i.e. HDM12 and PM11, just not different versions of the same product..

3 Yes, defrag feature has been removed.

4. Automatic partition alignment aligns partitions to nt6 rules when creating, resizing (from the left) or transferring to another drive, but can be changed if necessary with the tools>settings option.

5. The alignment only exists as a process when partitioning or restoring, and no PM11 does not have the migrate os to SSD functionality.

6. Yes PM11 can recognize drives but cannot convert them to a GPT disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.