HamsterSoft Hamster Free ZIP Archiver

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I couldn't find any mentions to this compression tool in the forum. It's based on 7-Zip.

This is taken from the website:

I believe the most important is what it's in bold (by me). :p

I gave it a quick spin the other day. One can only compress either to Zip or 7z formats. It's an OK compression tool, if we want something basic, drag and drop and a nice UI... and free.

You can find some screenshots here -http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/hamster-zip-archiver-is-faster-and-more-friendly-alternative-to-7-zip/

There's a newer version.

2. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Nice UI, I'm findind new archiver since 7-zip development is slow.

3. chachazz

chachazz Updates Team

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Thank you for those links.

Unfortunately, it isn't the first time licenses are violated, generally speaking. I'm glad the situation got resolved, judging by this:

From: -http://john.nachtimwald.com/2011/08/13/dealing-with-copyright-infringement-calibre-being-ripped-off/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=dealing-with-copyright-infringement-calibre-being-ripped-off

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It might be slow in development, but it works and is very minimalistic. Been using it for years and now with LZMA2 compression, even though the looks haven't changed, it's far far faster to compress and has slightly higher compression.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.