hacker?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by citizenguy, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citizenguy

citizenguy Registered Member

it's obvious that a hacker is remotely controlling your computer if you see the cursor move around and open files.

but what happened was that i heard music being played. it happened after the next boot after i removed "uu.exe". the music was maybe 3 minutes long and sounded like an midi file. i opened task manager and could not see any media player or suspicious process.

do you have any idea as to why i suddenly heard a music file? by the way, gmer detected a hidden program in explorer.exe, which led me to the uu.exe file. hijackthis didn't find it, neither did spyware doctor.

2. citizenguy

citizenguy Registered Member

i did a scan and removed

[Avkiller]

C:\WINDOWS\Winstart.bat

this could have been the reason why.

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi citizenguy,

Reading the code in that .bat file might have led you to the main infection.
    Or at least given you some clues about what put it there.
    I'm writing that because KillAV is usually applied to give something else the opportunity to run.

The musicfile you heard could, by coincidence, have the same filename as the virus, with just a different extension.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.