Hacker keeps getting in despite 3 reinstalls

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Galcoolest, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

OK, had to cut this way down, but, it is basically a repeat of itself!

Attached Files:

2. Marja

da-da-da-dada,

Attached Files:

3. Marja

This looks funny cuz I didn't know how else to make it smaller.
    (Quit laughing, you know who you are!)

Attached Files:

4. Marja

The date was cut out and the user, not me, was put in. You can see why I thought my puter was toast, I'd never seen all this. But, Paranoid2, I will learn.:)

This is fun and all, but, isn't there a way to shrink the rest and you can zoom them bigger or something like that? Notok? Any ideas??

5. Marja

SORRY!!!

Someone PM'd me to ask if I was wanting help with all this!

NO!! Thank you!!

I have the help, this was suggested to keep anyone else from having a meltdown if they see all this. It is not an Uber Trojan or something, it is a conflict with SP2.

Paranoid2000 explains it very well, with links in this thread, [POST=296589]Here[/POST].

Read it!! It will save you alot of aggravation and needless worry!

Marja:cool:

6. still_longhorn

still_longhorn Registered Member

You don't have to know me to google the things I've written about for verification. The frustration stems from the fact that most of the regular members in this forum tend to put more weight on the opinion of fellow long time forum members rather than on what is being said to the detriment of the newer members. This may be a most natural human tendency but it doesn't earn any brownie points as far as I am concerned.

I came to this forum (and stayed) inspite of the fact that I could probably get more face to face facts from people I know during work. As I mentioned earlier, my experience stretches back to the NCR 8500 Criterion Mainframe and that ages me. I stayed on because you discuss things (Malware) that are non-issues in some corporate set ups and I find the discussions a source of some very good ideas. But there are limits to stretching the capabilities of today's known technological capabilities. Discussing plausible scenarios is productive and I put my foot down where discussions of Santa Claus is concerned. These discussions are counter productive if they take precedence over the logical and plausible and should be discussed last. The way I posted it was:
    Perhaps it was not the best way to say it but, but believe me, it was a tongue in cheek post.

I must have browsed every thread in this forum and could have posted a single word reply to every message but chose otherwise. I have read some really sensible posts from Jr Members that are better than those of some Sr Members. Guests will always look up to the Sr Members so a point system based on 10Forward postings may someday prove to be detrimental to WSF. No offense intended. By then, we can always call WSF the Wilders Social Forum. :rolleyes:

7. Galcoolest

Galcoolest Registered Member

Said counselor had filed a prima facie complaint against defendants, John Doe #1, et. al., with the appropriate Federal authorities- utilizing proper legal channels. However, due to typographical errors inadvertently included by counsel's legal staff, and although such errors were completely unbeknownest to counsel, nonetheless said filing is heretofore null, void and without legal effect.

8. Marja

Still_Longhorn,

Thanks for your help, I know you give it quite freely around this forum and it is appreciated.

Marja, Major Senior Newbie

9. still_longhorn

ENOUGH! Please...

10. Galcoolest

Galcoolest Registered Member

LONGHORN_____ cannot we tell thee a joke from a trutho_Oo_Oo_O??

Lighten up, silly! ;)

11. still_longhorn

Oh I could always tell a joke from the truth. I do that everyday at work! 10 years now....

I go to 10Forward to lighten up...

12. Pollmaster

Pollmaster Guest

Indeed, many members here though well versed in the use of lots of security software (by virtue of switching firewalls every week , scanners every month etc) don't really know much or understand much about security.

Testing security software != Expert on security

For example, Every member worth his salt here can tell you about his impressions of ZA, KFP, Outpost etc, but ask them about the basics of TCP/IP (heck even something as simple as the difference between TCP/UDP) , you draw a blank.

But at least these people have achieved some understanding of what their software does , basic security tips , superifical though the understanding may be.

Nowdays, it's even worse. I've noticed the rise of a new breed of "senior members" or even major senior members who achieve their status by virtue of posting nonsense (oops social) posts in the ten forward only. These people love to congrat each other for achieving milestones of 5oo posts, 1000 posts etc.. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.

Sadly, based on the few responses they have made on the "real" forums, I would say they know less about computers than my 10 year old niece.

Personally, I only trust only a few names (in the expert group), and ocasionally the odd guest who seems knowledgable. Everybody else , senior member or whatever is judged solely on what they write. It's obvious many of them have no clue what they are talking about, even to one such as me.

13. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

This thread has obviously wandered too far off-topic to be rehabilitated. "Judging members," in particular, has nothing to do with the original (or second) topics, and so I'll close this thread before any sparks fly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.