[GUIDE] Configure Chrome for Privacy and Security

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Hungry Man, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

With my Chrome set to LI, downloads folder set to LI and Profile set to:
    chml "C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome" -i:l -nw -nx

I can download fine. Just downloaded process explorer.

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

That's interesting. I'm going to download Google Chrome to see if I get the same results as you. I do remember from using it back then, that I got the same results as I got in Chromium.

Image attached. (For anyone interested, I'm not blocking Softpedia's ads; I just had to remove something from the screenshot, as it was too big to upload. :D I do support services I like, by allowing ads... as long as they're first party ads. :blink:)

Attached Files:

3. Hungry Man

Strange.

I have just realized that I can't run Java though. Possibly silverlight as well.

4. m00nbl00d

I remember user MrBrian mentioning that Java runs @ low integrity level, but that there was some issue; I don't recall exactly what.

I do remember from testing it myself, that Silverlight won't run @ low integrity level, though. I suppose nothing changed. It's kind of funny, considering it comes from Microsoft and they have Internet Explorer with Protected Mode.

One would imagine they would make it work fine @ low integrity level? o_O

5. Hungry Man

Yeah, if only. I'll have to switch back to medium integrity for now, which is a shame as I'd much prefer to be using full-low.

Can't be without my Netflix lol

6. m00nbl00d

You could use two different Chrome "installations". That way, you'd have two separate chrome.exe processes. One would be standard settings, while the other one would be @ low integrity level.

I did download Google Chrome, and to my surprise I got different results than yours with Google Chrome, and mine with Chromium.

In my tests, regardless of the profile folder being @ medium/low integrity level, and AppData\Local\Temp at normal (=medium integrity level), I got no download attempts, at all. Unlike in Chromium, which I do get failed download attempts with the profile @ medium integrity level.

If I apply a low integrity level to AppData\Local\Temp, then Google Chrome downloads.

Crazy stuff... o_O :argh:

Attached Files:

7. Hungry Man

Very strange.

8. m00nbl00d

Should we give Sherlock Holmes a call? :D You're paying for the call, by the way. ;)

9. Hungry Man

Perhaps as a last resort.

10. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Ok, seems that "Adblock Plus is a community-driven open source project...". Better this way :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.