guest account and lua

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by the dummy, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the dummy

the dummy Registered Member

I have noticed when useing my guest account or lua some of my apps are gone. Why? The trouble is i like spywareblaster and sandboxie, so is it possible to use these apps? and is a guest account more secure then a regular user account?

2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Have you checked for access to those apps through the start menu?

Is a guest account more secure then a regular user account? Um, dunno the real answer to that one but I think it may be more secure.

3. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

I guess Limited User Account is much secure than Guest account.
    Just a hunch. :D

4. the dummy

the dummy Registered Member

I have my guest account up and running instead of a user account, so if you guys are right ill need to activate a user account instead. It just seemed like the guest account would have had more restrictions placed on it then a regular user account. Thanks again.

5. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Well,

A guest account has LUA rights minus access to some system logs. The disadvantage of Guest not needing to enter a password largely outweights this small rights limitation. Therefore it is good practise to disable the guest account since it is often targetted by malware. Use a LUA instead.

Regards Kees

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.