grrrrr i hope tds 4 dont do this

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Mr.Blaze, Dec 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

theres only one major complaint as a tds newb i didnt like when i scan a file or exe it says scaning but it never says scaning complet found nothing

your just supose to automaticly assume since it says nothing its ok

so blaze can sit in front of puter to cows fly in waiting for assurance that the file isnt a trojan lol

i hope tds 4 says this : scaning blah blah blah file or exe clean no trojan found safe to open or excute

im a newb me not so smart me will sit and wait for some aknowledgement so i guess it would be funny to see me sit there looking at watch stareing at screen looking at watch

passed out on keybord salviah all over keybord and me snoreing lol

turns out if tds dont say anything other then scaning then its safe otherwise you get an alert lol

pleas dont let tds 4 be like that make it say didnt find a thing you may shut dowen tds if you want lol

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Agreed :). Wormguard 3 also doesn't have a "File is not a worm" or whatever notification but I have added one for Wormguard 4.
    -Jason-

3. Mr.Blaze

so you saying posiably tds 4 will have a file stateing no trojan ect ect

blaze jumps on Jason hugggggggggggggggggggggggggg smoooochy smooochy thank you thank you so much hugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
    gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

MRBLAZE:

Like you, when I first got TDS [about 18 months ago] and scanned a file and 'nothing seemed to happen' I was wondering if it worked, until I worked out very quickly to just dbl click the TDS Icon in the Sys Tray and see the line of text stating it had scanned the file, etc.

I suppose 'nothing happening' is a very good sign, lol, but pleased to hear it's an option for WG4 from Jason.

EDIT: woohoo.... half a century of "posts".... break out the Dom!!

5. Mr.Blaze

you want to hear something scary i was told TDS-4 would be newby frinndly this time around that in my opnione was its only hang up.

so the major qustion is what will happend to those other trojan avs?

i think some of the stuffi put on the tds wish list might be a reality that posted if thats the case then it going to be the most newb perferd av out there.

only way others can compet if they ofer others stuff like worm and viruse all bundled into one

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You mean the others will be breadless and join forces to keep Gavin busy building the references lists and the others of the team with their specific parts of detection and defence?
    If we would have wanted a one press at the button and all is done automatically for us we would not have been TDS users, but who knows what will come up with the TDS Pro, R and S, WG and lots more?
    If we really wanted that one button we would not have been happy scripting to add more for ourselves!
    Did you ever paste more buttons in your Blaze.SS3 for more functionality, to name an example?

7. Mr.Blaze

ok now you scareing me cause i happen to know you beta tester for new tds stuffs even if i havent proved it yet but i followed your post closely and i know you know that i know you know i know you know tds stuff befor the rest of us.

miss i dont have tds 4

so is it or isnt it newby frindly did it get worst how much worst

i hope you didnt pull one of those are ideal of newby frindly is we included a manuel typ thing lol

you know and i know we newbs do like the one button thing

so how scary has tds 4 become?

im guessing im be recomending the other stuff to my frinds that galvin and the guys make like the tds guard stand alone ect ect cause there no way id recomend tds-4 if its evolved to the point that a master degree no longher counts to operate tds now i need a nucler physist degree

more stuff cool but when you try to stand up by saying plainly we dont need easy to use translates to complicated as heck but buy anyways.

i hope im just fearing the worst and that in fact it is newby frindly

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

We are not provided yet with beta versions for testing, not a glimpse! Just the same you read here in the forum about the guard and resident scanner beside tds and it might be that's a reply on your plea to give you only part of what you really want and think to need, i don't know, i just want to have it all! Keeps me from looking further and i might finally remove some other stuff no longer needed (although i am a packrat on my system and i do like to double check).
    But Wayne posted here also what we are using and have been beta testing in other programs you're using now yourself too part of the technologies are included already. (but yeah ... which parts?)
    We don't want our precious software toooooo easy and missing the fun of lots of possibilities and choices, configurations, etc, do we? It's so much nicer to try out a lot!
    Are you still playing around with your design programs to make TDS look really nice?
    At least for scripts you can make the xForm nice and colored lines in the console as was posted about a year ago in the private forum about the SS3 scripts and that experience you can take with you!

9. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Hi Jooske,

Please don't tell me TDS4 isn't being beta tested yet VERY LOUD GROAN :D. The news of TDS4 being ready for download is the only thing that gets me to look through my email. Please TDS4 is being beta tested and you just can't say ;).

Loki :cool:

10. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Please MRBLAZE don't scare Jason like that :D

11. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Of course it is beta tested, but not by the TDS family (yet) although lot of the technologies in other programs, but in the DCS labs they're testing fine we read, but you know, DCS wants everything better then best before giving us any glimpse to try!
    In the meantime enjoying Jason's christmas eggs in PE!

12. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Excellent that makes my Day :D.
    PE is great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.