GreenBorder now supports Firefox, Kaspersky, Panda

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Bill Stout, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Stout

Bill Stout Registered Member

What’s New in GreenBorder Pro 2.9.2
    This release adds support for protecting Firefox and compatibility with many more programs, including Panda and Kaspersky security suites.

New Features
    Full support for Firefox 1.5!! ]Early versions of Firefox 2.0 beta have been tested and work well, but we cannot fully “support” software that is still changing. We’ll re-test and fix any issues with 2.0 when it is released this Fall.
    Simplified tray icon menu: now shows only a few important commands and has an option to show advanced commands like Run Unprotected Browser.
    Ability to have cookies, browser cache, or browser history erased every time you Clean and Reset GreenBorder or Log Off. Use Set GreenBorder Options… from the tray menu to configure this.

Compatibility
    • Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 (However Web Antivirus does not run inside GreenBorder)
    • Panda Platinum 2006
    • Panda Titanium 2006
    • Norton Password Manager
    • McAfee Privacy Service
    • ScanSoft OmniPage Pro OCR
    • Internet Download Manager
    • GetRight Download Manager

Now available on download.com.
    http://www.download.com/GreenBorder-Pro-with-SafeFiles/3000-2092_4-10581692.html?tag=lst-0-1

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

sounds awsome. is it usable with my setup?

3. Bill Stout

4. Bill Stout

Hmm, let's see...

:thumb: Yes - Adaware SE
    :thumb: Yes - Spybot S&D 1.4
    :thumb: Yes - Spyware Blaster 3.5.1
    :gack: Nope - Prevx
    o_O Not Tested - Spyware Terminator real time shield enabled no HIPS
    o_O Not Tested - Superantispyware
    o_O Not Tested - ewido
    :thumb: Yes - Mcafee persional security suite
    :thumb: Yes - Mcafee firewall set to tight security
    :thumb: Yes - Mcafee Site Advisor

The number of software packages to test is never ending. I guess we can't win them all. The GreenBorder installer should halt the install on your PC.

5. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

oh well i'll stick with what i have

6. wir.sing

wir.sing Registered Member

Sorry to dig out older threads but I thougth this was the appropriate place. I installed the GreenBorder demo. And since then my system runs insanely slow. It takes a REALLY long time to boot. Firefox takes ages to start and CPU usage rocks up to 100% percent. Only other security program I use is Kasperks Internet Security. Even got KIS compabiblity mode on. Im really considering buying GreenBorder, but the thing thats stopping me is the PC slowdown I experience.

Anyone knows what I could do?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  7. Happy-Dude

Happy-Dude Registered Member

wir.sing,

If your running Windows XP, try defragmenting your drives (the Disk Defragmenter bundled in works well for basic uses). Improves performance and efficency well. Also, maybe get something like CCleaner where it removes old files that don't do anything anymore (like you uninstall something but there is still some remnant files from it).

(On the side note, whats GreenBorder ... ? Just curious since I know nothing about it.)

8. wir.sing

My Computer runs smooth without GreenBorder ^^

Its GreenBorder causing something here. Might be some sort of program conflict.
    Did some more testing and they seem to support that guess. Installed KIS by itself. All runs smooth. Installed GreenBorder by itself. A small smalldown. But guess you gotta expect that, since its virtualising quite a lot. Installed KIS and GreenBorder. HUGE slowdown. Programs can become unuseable. Intresting thing I noticed is that if you install GB before KIS instead of the other way round the slowdown is abit smaller. But still a HUGE slowdown :(

And GreenBorder is a Sandboxingtool like BufferZone. If you want to try it out download the demo on their Homepage.

9. Bill Stout

The latest build of GreenBorder, v2.9.2 build 9716 (available on CNet's download.com) now supports Previx. So now the list is:

:thumb: Yes - Adaware SE
    :thumb: Yes - Spybot S&D 1.4
    :thumb: Yes - Spyware Blaster 3.5.1
    :thumb: Yes - Prevx
    o_O Not Tested - Spyware Terminator real time shield enabled no HIPS
    o_O Not Tested - Superantispyware
    o_O Not Tested - ewido
    :thumb: Yes - Mcafee persional security suite
    :thumb: Yes - Mcafee firewall set to tight security
    :thumb: Yes - Mcafee Site Advisor

Wir.Sing, feel free to contact support at support@greenborder.com, you're eligible during the trial period. Also see http://www.greenborder.com/support

Also you are correct, GreenBorder doesn't slow the computer, the instances we do see slowdowns are with software conflicts.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  10. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Registered Member

Someone once asked why Greenborder was less popular here compared to various competitors like BZ, sandboxie etc.

I think the reason is that for a long long time, it worked only with IE (lots of people here use something else as their main browser) .

Also there was the perception that Greenborder was very sensitive and conflicted with many security programs because it couldn't run with many popular antivirus.

In fact, the idea I got (which I suspect was not uncommon) was that unless Green border says otherwise, you can expect a conflict. This might be unfair to Greenborder, since you always take a risk when you mix and match (particularly niche HIPS products) .................. and Sandboxie seems to cause problems on some systems as well.....

Of course this is a bad image to have on a forum where people run multiple security programs not all of which is main stream.

11. wir.sing

well I felt free to contact your support on a couple of other questions (not the slowdown issue in combination with KIS. At least it runs. with BufferZone and KIS I just get a BSOD. But yea wouldn mind seeing that slowdown aka the compability problems removed and then I would become a willing customer). Send the support ticket 3 days ago. Still waiting for a reply :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  12. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

LOL. Thank you for choosing GreenBorder. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.