Got fed up with newest FF

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jo3blac1, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

2. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

I agree there is too much updating of FF going on. In fact, I skip over the minor releases and just maybe update it once or twice a year at best. Been doing this since the past 10 years and everything seems to work ok for me.

Sure as hell saves a lot of time and having to hunt for replacement add-ons - that seemingly break all the time.

I'm about ready to switch to IE. I hear it is a better browser, faster, and just plain work with less fuss.

3. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

That's funny, I've used FF on Win 7 x64 for oh, a few years now, and it supports it for me.

As for speed of releases, they're not doing anything Chrome isn't, yet I rarely hear a sound from anyone about it. Also, if you stick to addons that have active developers and a healthy popularity, you won't have any breaking all the time. If you're too impatient to wait a few days or a week for the addon to be updated, that's kind of the person's problem and not the addon developer or Mozilla's.

4. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

I think what he meant was that Firefox does not have 64-bit builds. But yes, Firefox works fine on Windows 7/8 x64.

5. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.