Google vs. Gumblar: Search Engine Abused in New Round of Stealthy Attacks

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ronjor, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Story

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Thanks Ron.

Very interesting article. Some of the info was a little hard to follow but preventing the attacks should be easy enough for the home user.

Even more prevention techniqes/information can be found in this thread by member Rmus.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I will agree with that only if home computer users are aware of patches for the programs on their computer and the knowledge that leaving operating systems unpatched can also lead to malware problems . :)

4. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Very true! That's why I often mention that folks visit the link in my signature to the Secunia site and run an online scan to see if their running a vulnerable operating system or programs. Whenever I perform maintenance on my relatives computers it's the 2nd thing I do after running ccleaner.

P.S. You and the other members/staff do a really good job of letting us know when vulnerabilities are found and patches are released. It's vital info for the security conscious :thumb:.

5. benton4

benton4 Registered Member

Innerpeace,
    you hit the nail right on the head. Hats off to those who share info/stories that help keep us safe and aware of current internet threats!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.