Google to Sunset SHA-1 Crypto Hash Algorithm

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by ronjor, Sep 10, 2014.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://www.securityweek.com/google-sunset-sha-1-crypto-hash-algorithm

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Nice article:
    https://konklone.com/post/why-google-is-hurrying-the-web-to-kill-sha-1

3. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

4. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

How typical... a perfectly dependable, time tested encryption method being demonized and ousted in favor of newer ones that are the brainchild of 3 letter agencies... namely the NSA. Just like the dual elliptic curve which has already proven to be vulnerable, and more than likely intentionally so. Yet I don't see that fact being widely publicized. And I'll bet it's only a matter of time until the same is found regarding AEAD GCM ciphers over the old school CBC variety.

I don't think I have to tell you which approach I prefer... I've gone on record about this in the past. I don't trust these new encryption methods at all, any more than I trust said 3 letter agencies that I'm all but certain had a hand in both creating and implementing them. It's no wonder that Big Brother Google, part of the global elite power structure with a seat at the Bilderberg Group is at the forefront of pioneering this change.

5. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.