Google To Soon Let All G+ Users Email You

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Dave0291, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/9/5292310/gmail-now-lets-you-send-emails-to-other-google-users

"You no longer need someone's email address to send them an email. At least, that will soon be the case if you want to email another Google+ user. A new Gmail "feature" will let you simply type in anyone's name into Gmail's "to" field and send them an email."

Opt-out maybe, but aren't they getting a little bit desperate here? It's a reminder to always check preferences and settings, in case it was decided for you that you were using a service wrong.

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Yes G+ is desperate. Heck you can't even comment on a youtube video unless you have a G+ account.

3. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

That was actually humorous. I saw it as an attempt to force G+ on people disguised as an attempt to clean up the horrid comments people leave. I think many saw it that way. What is more humorous is that the attempt didn't seem to accomplish neither goal.

4. guest

guest Guest

It's been decided, I'll be moving to Outlook.com. :cautious:

5. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Is anyone using Outlook.com's calendar on an Android without problems? I want to keep everything together (email/calendar/contacts) and I see a lot of complaints about outlook.com services in the google play store, assuming they are accurate and not seeded by google. Besides outlook.com I don't really know of any reliable email/calendar/contacts service that can be used on an Android that has a decent history. Any suggestions? I'm not looking for something that could be here today/gone tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.